The new MomMD forum is here!

Login IDs, display names and passwords have not changed. Log in with the same credentials as always.

After logging in to the forum, please take a few minutes to update your profile. Select the Profile tab and then the small Edit button in the upper right and click through the four sub-tabs to view or change profile settings, and to set your new forum avatar.

Questions or comments? Email us at forumadmin@mommd.com or post your issue in the "General Discussion: New Forum Rollout - Discussion and Questions" forum topic.

Happy chatting, from the MomMD team!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Family & Parenting

TOPIC: Anyone else on Clomid?

Anyone else on Clomid? 9 years 2 months ago #41603

• drvicky
I was just wondering if anyone else out there was taking Clomid. It is my first month on it and I am just wondering about side effects. Has it been successful for you? Any info would be great. :crossfingers:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Anyone else on Clomid? 9 years 2 months ago #41604

• eeh2004
  • Elite Member
I am not currently on Clomid. I took it three years ago when I got pregnant with my daughter-cycle #2 did the trick! I don't remember many side effects except very distinct ovulatory pain on both sides, much more than the usual. I was also very moody but I think that TTC induced mood swings in and of itself. The 50 mg dose worked, and I now have the 2 1/2 year old to prove it. I have been trying again, unsuccessfully, for the past 4 months and lost a pregnancy in June, so I envision more Clomid in the near future. I wish you the best of luck! ;)

Erin

Re: Anyone else on Clomid? 9 years 2 months ago #41605

• drvicky
Thanks for your input. I am in fact having that ovulatory pain today. It is much worse than normal, but it will be worth it I hope. Thanks for your reply and Good Luck and I hope you get pregnant soon. ;)

Re: Anyone else on Clomid? 9 years 2 months ago #41606

I was on Clomid for a month. It hurt. My twins are now 9! :crossfingers:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Re: Anyone else on Clomid? 9 years 2 months ago #41607

• eeh2004
  • Elite Member
drvicky-

Thanks for the good wishes. I wanted to add a couple of things. First, don't be discouraged if the first cycle or two don't "make it happen." You may need a higher dose. Also, make sure that you're getting the generic clomiphene citrate. Much, much cheaper than the brand and just as effective. I conceived my daughter on 50 mg of clomiphene, cycle #2.

:crossfingers:

Re: Anyone else on Clomid? 9 years 2 months ago #41608

I was on Clomid for about 6 months. I tolerated the 50 mg fairly well, was so-so on the 100 mg but completely freaked out on the 150 mg.

I finally had to have 200 mg of Clomid with HMG injections, and lost my head for good measure. I had 10 follicles that cycle and concieved my liitle DD that month. (Thank God, I couldn't imagine doing it another cycle!). My DD is now 4 months old. I think it all depends on the doseage. I was extra-fierce PMS the entire cycles on doses 100 mg and above, but if you get pregnant, you forget that evil PMS on the double.
Moderators: TexasRose, efex101, mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds