The new MomMD forum is here!

Login IDs, display names and passwords have not changed. Log in with the same credentials as always.

After logging in to the forum, please take a few minutes to update your profile. Select the Profile tab and then the small Edit button in the upper right and click through the four sub-tabs to view or change profile settings, and to set your new forum avatar.

Questions or comments? Email us at forumadmin@mommd.com or post your issue in the "General Discussion: New Forum Rollout - Discussion and Questions" forum topic.

Happy chatting, from the MomMD team!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: Lucina Melodi breast pump

Lucina Melodi breast pump 1 year 10 months ago #88418

Has anyone used this pump? The insurance company says they'll rent me this pump (hospital-grade and made by the Genadyne, the wound vac company). Does anyone have hands-on experience with this pump? Any tips I should know about? I'll be using it between lectures (I'm currently an M2 and due in March), as well as during Step 1 and M3 rotations.

Thanks in advance!

Here's the website: lucinacare.com/
I love my dog and my chickens. They are much less demanding than professors or patients.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lucina Melodi breast pump 1 year 10 months ago #88422

I have not, but this is the pump I used.

www.amazon.com/Ameda-Purely-Yours-Breast...s=ameda+purely+yours

It was great, and I was an average producer. I exclusively pumped from 5 months of my baby's life til 10 months of his life and still stored 13 weeks of breastmilk (enough feeds for each day to last 13 weeks) in a deep freezer.

I was able to start pump and pack up within about 15 minutes. I thought it did an exceptional job, and a big part of why I liked it was I could pump both breasts at the same time.

Can't tell if your pump does that or not, but I highly recommend getting one that does bc it saves a ton of time.

I carried my pump with extra parts and bottles in a ice packed carrier that fit in a backpack that came with it. It was an excellent investment.

Re: Lucina Melodi breast pump 1 year 10 months ago #88423

When I say exclusive pumped I mean my baby wouldn't breastfeed from my breast starting at 5 mo of his life. So I pumped every 3 hours around the clock until he was 10 months.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds