The new MomMD forum is here!

Login IDs, display names and passwords have not changed. Log in with the same credentials as always.

After logging in to the forum, please take a few minutes to update your profile. Select the Profile tab and then the small Edit button in the upper right and click through the four sub-tabs to view or change profile settings, and to set your new forum avatar.

Questions or comments? Email us at forumadmin@mommd.com or post your issue in the "General Discussion: New Forum Rollout - Discussion and Questions" forum topic.

Happy chatting, from the MomMD team!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Women Premed Students
  • Page:

TOPIC: Article from CNN - It's NEVER too late!!

Article from CNN - It's NEVER too late!! 3 years 5 months ago #80159

• Doc201X
  • Platinum Member
My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Article from CNN - It's NEVER too late!! 3 years 5 months ago #80173

This is a great article. I know DO schools are more traditionally friendly, but just wanted to point out that many MD schools are too. I'm at an MD school, and we have nontraditional ages enrolled. Especially in the class below me for whatever reason. But definitely in my class also. I think the oldest is mid-forties. Pretty neat. I am not sure what specialties they want.

Re: Article from CNN - It's NEVER too late!! 3 years 5 months ago #80178

• Doc201X
  • Platinum Member
southernmd wrote:
This is a great article. I know DO schools are more traditionally friendly, but just wanted to point out that many MD schools are too. I'm at an MD school, and we have nontraditional ages enrolled. Especially in the class below me for whatever reason. But definitely in my class also. I think the oldest is mid-forties. Pretty neat. I am not sure what specialties they want.

Most nontrads seem to go into primary care fields, at least that the indication I get from the oldpremeds website.
My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

Re: Article from CNN - It's NEVER too late!! 3 years 2 months ago #81483

Great article! I thought I was going to have a hard time being 23 just now deciding I want to go to med school.

Re: Article from CNN - It's NEVER too late!! 3 years 1 month ago #81910

Amen, I saw this too, posted it on my FB page :)

Re: Article from CNN - It's NEVER too late!! 3 years 1 month ago #82161

Great article!
"In life as in dance, grace glides on blistered feet."--Alice Abrams
  • Page:
Moderators: TexasRose, efex101
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds