Click on the links at the top of each section for complete questions and answers.
USMLE Practice Questions 1 - 10
1. A 32-year-old construction worker arrives in the emergency department after an accident on the job.
2. A genotypic male (XY) is born with feminized external genitalia.
3. A 24-year-old AIDS patient develops chronic abdominal pain, low-grade fever, diarrhea, and malabsorption.
4. A 28-year-old man decides to donate a kidney to his brother, who is in chronic renal failure
5. Bilateral ovarian masses are identified on pelvic examination of a 40-year-old woman.
6. In a normal individual, a tube with a transducer at its tip is swallowed and passed an unknown distance down the esophagus.
7. A 54-year-old man with extensive, severe atherosclerosis sustains a thrombotic occlusion of the celia trunk.
8. A 54-year-old man presents to the emergency department with intense pain in his right eye.
9. While lying supine in bed eating, a child aspirates a peanut.
10. A 47-year-old man with a history of sickle cell disease has had numerous hospitalizations requiring the placement of IV lines.
USMLE Practice Questions 11 - 20
11. A 2-month-old child is evaluated for failure to thrive. During the examination, the child has a seizure.
12. The parents of a 7-year-old boy divorce.
13. A letter carrier is severely bitten by a pit bull guarding a junkyard.
14. A 25-year-old man presents to a rheumatologist with complaints of joint pain involving the large joints of the legs.
15. A couple has a daughter who is ataxic and has a seizure disorder.
16. A 65-year-old man develops oliguria and peripheral edema over a period of weeks.
17. A 75-year-old woman presents to the physician with a chief complaint of vaginal spotting.
18. A neonate does not pass meconium until 48 hours after his birth.
19. A 2-year-old child with uncomplicated coarctation of the aorta appears to be in good health.
20. A 75-year-old man presents to his physician with complaints of nocturia, urinary urgency
21. An adult patient presents with persistent headaches. A CT scan of the head demonstrates a 2-cm spherical mass
22. A 37-year-old woman presents to the emergency department with a fever. Chest x-ray film shows multiple patchy
23. A 5-year-old child, who has not had routine pediatric care, develops a febrile disease with cough and a blotchy rash and is brought to the emergency department.
24. A 57-year-old man is brought to the emergency room for a suspected myocardial infarction. An electrocardiogram indicates the appearance of a wide-complex ventricular tachycardia...
25. While performing a subtotal thyroidectomy, a surgeon inadvertently sections the recurrent laryngeal nerve.
26. A newborn infant who was apparently healthy at birth develops aspiration pneumonia in the first 2 days of life
27. A 46-year-old man sustains a spider bite on his upper eyelid, and an infection develops.
28. A 15-year-old high school student and several of her friends ate lunch at a local Chinese restaurant.
29. A 24-year-old woman with a history of allergic rhinitis is involved in an automobile accident and sustains a splenic laceration
30. A couple presents to a clinic for workup of infertility after 5 years of unprotected intercourse.
USMLE Practice Questions 31 - 40
31. A patient presents with cervical lymphadenopathy.
32. A 25-year-old woman presents with pain and tenosynovitis of the wrists and ankles, and arthralgias of other joints.
33. A 5-year-old girl is thoroughly evaluated because of growth failure.
34. A new antifungal medication is being tested in Phase I clinical trials. Examination of the pharmacokinetic properties of the drug reveals..
35. A patient presents to a physician with jaundice. Physical examination reveals a nodular, enlarged liver.
36. A man brings his 45-year-old wife to the emergency department. He states she has been ill for 3 days
37. A patient consults a physician because of a small lesion on the lips that, on biopsy, proves to be a mucosal neuroma.
38. A 2-year-old boy has a CT scan of the head performed after a pediatrician notices a disproportionate growth
39. A premature infant develops progressive difficulty breathing over the first few days of life.
40. A 67-year-old woman who has been in very good health is brought to her physician's office by her husband.
41. A 57-year-old woman with a history of hypertension and arthritis is referred to a rheumatologist for evaluation.
42. A 55-year-old hypertensive man develops sudden onset of excruciating pain beginning in the anterior chest, and then radiating to the back.
43. A 22-year-old woman presents to her physician with amenorrhea, weight loss, anxiety, tremor, heat intolerance, and palpitations.
44. A 54-year-old African-American woman undergoes a routine insurance physical examination.
45. A 67-year-old man is evaluated for persistent shooting pains, lower limb ataxia, and bladder dysfunction.
46. An oncologist tells his patient that her laboratory results support a diagnosis of advanced malignant melanoma with multiple metastases to the liver and brain.
47. A 44-year-old businessman presents to a physician because of a markedly inflamed and painful right great toe.
48. A Guatemalan child with a history of meconium ileus is brought to a clinic because of a chronic cough.
49. During a fight, a 32-year-old man is hit on the back of the neck with a chair.
50. A 61-year-old man presents with a chief complaint of difficulty swallowing.
USMLE Practice Questions 51 - 60
51. The table below depicts blood pressure values taken from six adults. Which set of values is most consistent with aortic regurgitation?
52. In a hospital cardiac care unit, there are three patients with different cardiac conditions
53. A 68-year-old man sustains a myocardial infarct resulting from thrombotic occlusion at the origin of the left circumflex artery.
54. A patient arrives in the emergency department after having been stabbed.
55. A 14-year-old boy has just moved with his family from Brazil to the U.S.
56. A 65 year-old man is admitted to the coronary care unit with a diagnosis of a large myocardial infarct (MI) of the left ventricle.
57. A 15-year-old is brought to the emergency department in a coma.
58. A 24-year-old woman in her third trimester of pregnancy presents with urinary frequency and burning for the past few days.
59. A 12-year-old girl has a temperature of 102.5 F and a sore throat.
60. A 45-year-old man with cirrhosis due to alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency receives a liver transplant.
Latest Blog Posts
Recent Forum Posts
Not that I want to start my first entry this way..
Today at 12:41 AM
Step 2 CK 36+ weeks pregnant- advice?
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Advice for the new interns???
by SW to MD
Yesterday at 09:35 PM
08/18/14 02:56 PM
Glasses for Kids
08/17/14 08:25 PM