Continuing medical education courses for cardiologists run the gamut from heart disease diagnosis, management, demographics and procedures.
Frequently covered topics include atrial fibrillation, including interventions, differentiating and diagnosing cardiac pathologies, hypertension, and thrombotic issues like thromboembolism and pulmonary emblolism.
Procedural and interventional CME courses that include hands-on training are usually held at large medical centers with animal facilities. These courses are typically more expensive and time intensive but are really the only way to keep up to date with the most recent interventional cardiology procedures.
Cardiology CME Resources
- Check out our MomMD.com Cardiology CME courses and our full list of CME courses.
- Netdoc.com has a large database of CME courses listed with contact and registration information.
- TCTMD provides interventional cardiology news and education resources. It is supported by Medtronic and Atrium.
- Cardio courses, including advanced echocardiography and electrophysiology, through the Mayo Clinic.
- The current gold standard in online CME, Medscape has a good set of cardiology-specific courses.
- The American College of Cardiology has excellent courses and great group of cardiology cases of the month through their cardiosource cardiology education portal.
This article is part of a MomMD series on continuing medical education.