× Debates, Issues & Talk

Working Pregnant...

More
14 years 7 months ago #67205 by Nanon
Hi, all. Some of you might remember me from like, a million years ago. Lots has happened since I last posted, but the biggest thing that's happened is that I got pregnant! I'm 7.5 weeks right now. It was a HUGE suprise, as my hubby and I had given up after trying for nearly 4 years.

Here's my question, and I'm hoping someone out there can help. I found out I was pregnant 1 day after starting my new job in research. I felt like I had to tell my employers right away because of exposure issues, and they've been great. But I have been SO SICK. The nausea is about to kill me. I'm on 200mg of B12, and I'm using sea-bands, but I still feel like I can barely function. How do I DO this???

Thanks,

Nanon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #67206 by residentmom
With first baby I just vomited constantly. Not as fun as it sounds. Now I use drugs... zofran and reglan. I also drink water like it's the last I'll ever get.

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
14 years 7 months ago #67207 by momofchris
Congratulations! I do remember you and I'm so happy for you! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!
Something that worked for me was a makeshift version of Bendectin, which is still marketed in Canada as Diclectin. It's no longer sold under that name in the US, but you can get the ingredients over the counter- it's just 1/2 a Unisom tablet and 1/2 a Vitamin B6. Check with your OB to be sure.

More
14 years 7 months ago #67208 by Nanon
Thank you both! My OB won't prescribe drugs until I don't hold down food for 24 hours. I'm not vomitting that much - I just feel incapacitated by the nausea. I'll try the B6/Unisom thing though after I pass it by him. Thanks again!

Shemena

More
14 years 7 months ago #67209 by Cabinbuilder
With both of my kids I threw up constantly every day for 4 months. I remember my now ex-husband yelling at me to make it stop (like I have that kind of power :banghead: ) I had to find certain foods that helped with the nausea. I found soda crackers helped with one, and cold cataloupe with the other. I never gained any weight until the nausea passed and even then was lucky to put on 15lbs total. Hopefully it will pass, if your boss knows then they understand when you are running to the bathroom all the time. Hang in there. I know of one lady who munched almonds and that helped her.

LECOM Class 2006
Osteopathic Family Practice Resdincy 2009
Locum Tenens: Urgent Care/Rural Medicine.

More
14 years 7 months ago #67210 by Dr.Heather
Re: the no prescription drugs until you can't hold down food for 24 hours...

Phoey!!!! Lie. Get reglan.

I second the Unisom thing, btw. Bendectin was taken off the US market many years for absolutely NO GOOD REASON. Our OB community always starts with B12, then goes to Unisom, then to things like Reglan.

And...it will pass. For most folks its gone by 12 weeks. For me, at 10 weeks, both pregnancies, I suddently felt human again.

And...CONGRATS!!!!!! :D

Heather<br />2 little boys, a great hubby, and I<br />finally realized I can't do it all (at the same time, anyway)

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!