× Debates, Issues & Talk

Treating relatives of lawyers

More
14 years 10 months ago #68038 by efex101
Nah, it is not to early Path! I tell you the most knowledgeable physician that I have met so far at Mayo is my Path professor the guy is amazing! he knows about everything and he is hilarious! really cares about patients and loves to work with other physicians collaborating for the best outcome for the patient. I love his lectures and will be keeping them on my laptop which I do not do for all lectures. I have learned so much from this man, this will be a source for me for years to come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68039 by ellie

Originally posted by efex101:
That is exactly what we need like a committee review board or even a jury that is composed of randomly selected physicians in every specialty to let them figure out if the suit is really malpractice or an honest to God mistake/mishap.

They do have this in many states...it is called a certificate of merit. Before a case can be filed, it has to be reviewed by a physician who reveiws the case and signs off on it saying that it was beyond a typical complication and was actually negligence. If there is no certificate of merit, the case can not be filed.
E

More
14 years 9 months ago #68040 by efex101
Ok but if it is only one physician that sounds fishy to me...it should be more than one so there is no bias. Actually the whole process of jury selection should be done among the medical community IMHO. This would for sure determine no bias and this would even be best if a broad range of docs from all specialties would be involved. One doc can be biased either way depending on who decided who this doc is...

More
14 years 9 months ago #68041 by weirdo
This is not totally on point but related to some of the more recent posts in this topic. If a lawsuit is filed against a doctor, and a judge throws it out as being frivolous or at least finds the doctor was not at fault, does the insurance company still raise malpractice rates or impose other penalties for that doctor? I still don't know how it all works and was just wondering if the doctor gets labelled as high-risk and is therefore penalized simply for being sued even if the plaintiff loses...

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!