× Debates, Issues & Talk

VOTE VOTE VOTE!! History

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #68269 by SW to MD
I am looking forward to us moving into the future as a united nation. Only time will tell if Obama's ideas will be put into actions and if they will work- I would like to be optimistic. ;)

On another note, the emotion and significance of this election is powerful. I grew up always feeling I could be whatever I wanted to be, but there are many in our country who didn't. Now, as I tuck my own children into bed tonight, I know they have that very opportunity. :yes:

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #68270 by Doc201X

Originally posted by SW to ??:
Now, as I tuck my own children into bed tonight, I know they have that very opportunity. :yes:

I'm proud of Obama's acheivement, but I don't see his wining changing much as far as "the struggle" for most minorities. It STILL takes money and opportunity, maybe now more so since people I'm sure are going to use his election as the impetus for abolishing affirmaive action programs.

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #68271 by angelfire_x
I'm GLAD Obama won! I would have cried and been extremely worried if McCain won. He would have doomed this country and I know that it was GOD that had his "hand" in this one. God is Good and Obama will be one of the best presidents the US has had. That's my 2 cents.

<span style="color: purple"><span style="font-style: italic">Angelfire_x <br />~God is greater than any problem that U have~ <br />~If U can't change the people around U, then change the people around U~<br />~U R 2day where UR thoughts have brought U; U will be 2morrow where UR thoughts take...

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #68272 by aurora
erdoc, I'm getting really resentful of people accusing me of being a sore loser just because I'm not THRILLED Obama won. I'm being calm and generally respectful. I haven't threatened to move or cause a riot, which is what everyone feared if Obama lost.

The liberals have been the sore losers for the last 8 years, and I say one thing and you (and my liberal friends) accuse me of being a sore loser. Before any of you start wagging your rear ends around and sing "Nanny nanny nah nah!" think about how devastated (and nothing less) you would have been if The One had lost. I'm not even close to feeling or behaving as ridiculously as many of you would have behaved. There will be little or no wailing or gnashing of teeth from me, or my respectful conservative friends.

I'm giving Obama a chance, but I'm sure as hell not naive enough to put Obama and GOD in the same sentence. (except now, and that was to make a point. ;) )

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #68273 by aurora

Originally posted by angelfire_x:
I'm GLAD Obama won! I would have cried and been extremely worried if McCain won. He would have doomed this country and I know that it was GOD that had his "hand" in this one. God is Good and Obama will be one of the best presidents the US has had. That's my 2 cents.

I hope all your dreams come true. Really. I'd hate to see someone's faith in God threatened over politics...

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #68274 by Doc201X

Originally posted by aurora:
I'd hate to see someone's faith in God threatened over politics...

As a Black person, I have to agree that all this talk and God and Obama in the same sentence is just strange to me. God was there when Bush won too right? I mean isn't he supposed to be EVERYWHERE??? :confused: I know a LOT of black folks are treaing Obama's win like it's the second coming which I think is a VERY dangerous thing to do. There's still MUCH work to do....

And the news media are already working my nerves with the "What"s next for America's first Balck president"? Ummmmmmm, I imagine the same thing that would have been next if McCain had won, sans the threats from skin heads.
:rolleyes:

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!