× Debates, Issues & Talk

VOTE VOTE VOTE!! History

More
11 years 1 week ago #68263 by mommd2b
I voted for McCain, path. I have never voted for a republican before....but...I sat down this week with the platforms for both candidates and took all of the ads and bs out it. I looked at what their plans were and made a decision based on the needs of me and my family.

We have worked hard and sacrificed a lot to get where we are. We'll be paying off student loan debt until we retire...our home has lost 25% of its value and we've lost a huge chunk of our retirement and investments.

I don't think it is right that the 38% of Americans who don't pay taxes will get refunds/rebates/lower taxes and those who have sacrificed and worked to finally start earning more...will be penalized. If Obama had said "Every single American will have to pay 1% more in taxes, and if you currently pay none or get it all back at the end of the year, you will still have to pay 1%, but that is how we will fund x, y, and z..." then I could have backed him.

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #68264 by MTaylor
speechless!!! the world will see a new face of America!!

<a href=" www.coilyembrace.com " rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> www.coilyembrace.com </a>

More
11 years 1 week ago #68265 by RitaHayworth
Is Obama going to socialize medicine? What are the immediate threats? I have relatives in Canada...not a good story, being a patient at any rate.

More
11 years 1 week ago #68266 by aurora

Originally posted by Baby Einstein:

Originally posted by aurora:
Nervous, indifferent, disgusted, prayerful. I'm obviously very conflicted.

I'm curious about "disgusted". Why disgusted? Pretty strong word. Who/what is disgusting you? Just curious... [/b]

The ridiculous amount of elitism and double standards. People are sucking down the koolaid in dangerous amounts.

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

More
11 years 1 week ago #68267 by aurora
Well, Congrats to all of you that voted for Obama. I hope you get all you hoped for, though I suspect that the Messiah will fall pitifully short. Next time, try wishing on a shooting star. ;) I can't wait for 2012, it'll be a landslide.

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

More
11 years 1 week ago #68268 by MTaylor
don't be a sore loser ;)

<a href=" www.coilyembrace.com " rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> www.coilyembrace.com </a>

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!