× Debates, Issues & Talk

Why bladder cancer is deadlier for some

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #88110 by christophermorgh
Spam
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #88116 by Doc201X

christophermorgh wrote: Messing believes that poorer access to health care is a clear cause of the higher mortality rates for African-Americans. He says African-American patients and their doctors need to be aware of the increased chance of death for these patients, who should be treated as aggressively as possible.

Even after stratifying data for income, heath insurance coverage, and education, the rates are STILL significantly higher.

The "elephant in the room" is racism, and I d*mn sure intend to do something about it!

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #88132 by Tammy Hiles
Bladder cancer can be relatively "benign," i.e. not penetrate beyond the bladder wall, not metastasize elsewhere. However, it is the most highly recurrent type of cancer so needs to be watched closely for recurrence (more tumors) or progression to higher grade, i.e. more aggressive, type. With low grade (non-aggressive) tumors that are "superficial" (on the surface layer of the bladder only), survival rates are
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

More
6 years 10 months ago #88183 by megboo

Apop201X wrote:

christophermorgh wrote: Messing believes that poorer access to health care is a clear cause of the higher mortality rates for African-Americans. He says African-American patients and their doctors need to be aware of the increased chance of death for these patients, who should be treated as aggressively as possible.

Even after stratifying data for income, heath insurance coverage, and education, the rates are STILL significantly higher.

The "elephant in the room" is racism, and I d*mn sure intend to do something about it!

Are you kidding me?

"Some of it's magic and some of it's tragic but I had a good life all the way."<br />- He Went to Paris by Jimmy Buffett

More
6 years 10 months ago #88185 by Doc201X

megboo wrote: Are you kidding me?

I don't give a RAT'S A** whether you or anyone else believes racism contributes significantly to cancer health disparities or not.

And thanks for reminding me of why I need to KEEP you on my ignore list!

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
6 years 10 months ago #88190 by Administrator
Let's maintain a civil discussion, please. Please note, too, that this discussion was apparently started by a spammer.

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!