× Debates, Issues & Talk

PREMED STUDENT-25 yr old- family planning worries

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #95932 by Amee
Dear All Lady Doctors/ Students,

Please help me I am going through depression and anxiety and finding it extremely difficult to make decision.

I am graduate in Pharmacy (pre-primary +10 +2 + 4 years education) from INDIA. I have been working since 2-3 years but I am not satisfied with my job. I really wish to pursue my dream of being doctor. With respect to studies and scores , I am above average student with 7.5-8.0 GPA out of 10. So I know, if I study hard I will be able to reach my goals.

But I have been feared by my parents, relatives & boyfriend about my age & child bearing age deadlines. I am really worried.

pl help me - if I start my medicine/ dental school at age of 26 - I wont be finishing it before 31 years of age. studying till age of 31 - being dependent financially - not being birth to baby are few of the worries which are holding me back ; which are quite practical too as I love kids . My very inspiration behind being a doctor is to be a Pediatrician. what do you suggest ? Can I plan for baby during my medical school ? please reply me as I have some important decisions to make. Can a woman go to medical school & attend lectures & give exams during her 3 rd trimester ? how much break she requires after delivery. Because in India, you don't get break / vacations of more than one month when you are in med school. I am really worried.

There is a course of Master in pharmacy - in pharmacology whose registration ends this Wednesday. So I will have to make choice. Choosing master in pharmacy will restrict me only wrt research & handling GCP, medical regulatory affairs. But Being doctor will help me in using my knowledge to treat patients & for public welfare & i will be happiest if I chose to be DOCTOR.

Only few of these worries is creating me lots of dilemma & anxiety.

Looking to hear from all of you,
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Amee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #141149 by E S
Amee,

I'm not sure if you will see this message, but it is worth a shot. I am 24 years old and in a similar position as you. I want to be a pediatrician, but I worry about my future. I want to adopt children more than anything, even being a doctor. I fear that being a doctor will consume my life and my livelihood.

Would you mind updating me on how you are doing now? What did you choose? How is it going?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!