× Debates, Issues & Talk

Condoleezza Rice testimony 9/11 panel

More
15 years 7 months ago #63232 by blt
Did anyone watch any of the Candoleezza Rice testimony yesterday? What did you think?

Were her answers really answers to the questions asked? Did they know that terrorist activities were being planned for inside the US? Will we ever know? Should the Bush administration declassify the August 6 presidential daily briefing?

I wasn't overly impressed by the testimony. I didn't think that she really answered the questions.

The commentators I watched kept asking people they interviewed if they felt safer now than on September 10, 2001. I found it to be a silly question...of course people feel less safe now. On 9/10 we were blissfully ignorant of the plans and abilities of terrorist organizations such as Al Qaeda.

NYT article on testimony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #63233 by Doc201X
I personally think that no matter what she said, she had already been declared the "Fall Guy" for this whole situation. In previous years, NSA chief's are seen but not not heard and I think her trying to discredit Richard Clark on every news morning talk show a few weeks ago was a terrible idea.

In the end, Bush's reputation will not be damanaged at all as the presidency is as much an "institution" as it is a job, but if I were Dr.Rice, I'd start looking for another gig.

On another note, I heard one of the people that interviwed her describe her as "articulate" and my response was WTF???? :mad: Of course she is articulate being that she has a PhD. :rolleyes:

At any rate, she is probably our last female National Security Advisor and most certainly the last African American one.

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
15 years 7 months ago #63234 by Leaf
Path,
I agree with what you said but I had to laugh about your statement regarding the PhD and articulateness. Some of the absolute least articulate people I have ever encountered have advanced degrees up the wazoo!!

A PhD does not automatically lead to the gift of articulateness.

Sorry to get off topic.

leaf

More
15 years 7 months ago #63235 by Doc201X

Originally posted by Leaf:
A PhD does not automatically lead to the gift of articulateness.

Touche'. But, she's the first cabinet member I've seen referred to as "articulate" on TV. Maybe that should be seen as a compliment to the other "inarticulate" members of Bushs' cabinet! :rotfl:

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
15 years 7 months ago #63236 by blt
She's a very intelligent woman--graduated high school at 15 and college at 19.

I'd hate for her to end up being the "fall guy" for this.

More
15 years 7 months ago #63237 by doc dredloc 2b
I watched a little of the testimony and I must say I was pi@#$%$ at the way Condoleeza was being treated. Bob Kerry wouldn't let her answer the questions because he kept interrupting her. He was just downright rude. I can agree with everyone that I hope that she doesn't take the fall for this.

What really bugs me is that it took them so long to investigate whether we rushed to war with Iraq or not. I don't think any Senator really bothered to do their own investigating to find out if the information they were being handed was accurate or not. I mean I understand that you can only work with the facts that are presented to you, but doesn't the Senate have a special investigation panel to make sure that they were indeed receiving correct information?

To simply hold a few individuals responsible when a group of 30 odd numbers of senators voted for the pre-emptive strike against Iraq is sheer lunacy. Everyone who voted in favor should be tried as well.

Sorry for the long post, but that hold hearing thing really chapped my hide.

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!