× Debates, Issues & Talk

Condoleezza Rice testimony 9/11 panel

More
15 years 7 months ago #63244 by wannaBmd
Whoa! Now hold on... I've been refered to as articulate and even though I am technically a minority I look as white as white can be. Being refered to as being articulate should be a compliment, don't look to far into things and be thankful that you are able to express your thoughts in an appropriate and decisive manner.

I was glad Rice was able to stick up for herself. There were a lot of people at fault for 9/11, not just one person. It really made me angry the way she was put under attack. I think that because of the manner of her questioning the public will feel a lot of simpathy for her. What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #63245 by PremedRN
Pathdr,
I agree, I dont think people mean to offensive.
Diana,
It depends on the circumstance on when a person refers to someone as being *articulate* in whether or not it can be interpreted as racially biased. Sure caucasians and african americans alike can be referred to as *articulate* and it not come across as being racially biased if it seems like a logical comment, say coming from an english professor, for example.
On the other hand, it is true, that things can be interpreted in a such a way just because one is caucasian and the other is african american and it may having nothing to due with race. Given our conuntry's past history,(and even current history) we can only expect some people to see it that way (particularly minorities). Therefore, one should be more aware more culturally sensitive when speaking and making comments, especially a public speaker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!