× Debates, Issues & Talk

Do PhDs really 'hate' pre-meds.....

More
15 years 2 months ago #63521 by JDmom
Re: premed students being cut-throat. My undergraduate degree is in music, a field where people would put razor baldes in between the keys of the practice pianos during finals week - you can't get much worse than that. When I took upper level biology classes while majoring in music, many of my class mates who were premed assumed that my majoring in music was just an angle to make me stand out more in the application process - an awful lot of bother to go to if you have no real interest in music I would think.

I eventually went to law school, where people would hide books and substitute wrong answer sheets on practice tests on reserve at the library. The point being, I suppose there are snakes in every field. Though I must say, compared to my music and law days, the pre-meds I have known seem merely calculating instead of down right vicious.

I was very interested in what Genegoddess had to say about the MD vs. PhD experience. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

And by the way Genegoddess - wow, is my hat off to you for doing both. What a marvelous mind you must have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #63522 by mommd2b

My undergraduate degree is in music, a field where people would put razor baldes in between the keys of the practice pianos during finals week - you can't get much worse than that

OMG That is truly one of the most awful things (school-related) that I have EVER heard. How horrible!

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!