× Debates, Issues & Talk

discrimination in health care

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #64508 by Doc201X

Originally posted by Conflicted:
Then she tells me she's in business, THAT SHE IS PRESIDENT OF EBAY! Meg Whitman, CEO and President, who Fortune magazine rated the #1 important businesswoman of 2005.

Man, I LOVE Ebay! Me being stingy, I would NEVER have purchased a pair of Manolo's had it not been for Ebay since the "boutiques" I frequent can't keep them around!! Now if Ebay can just stop the fraud that seems to be common place now, I may start purchasing there again.

Then she told me that she had TWO nannies when she was at my stage and that the biggest thing she has given up in her life is having a sense of community outside of work. She told me to read the book "Mavericks at Work".

I think this comment is key. ANY woman that expects to have a decent family life that also has a thriving career NEEDS help!

Um, did I conplain about being married to a neurosurgeon :)

NEXT to every "Maverick" husband is a "Maverick" wife!
;)

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #64509 by Conflicted
My dad won his election on Tuesday! What a relief! It was a life dream of his to be a judge. This was his THIRD race.

His oponent was very qualified. A mom with 6 children - including 13 year old triplets. I hope she willl run again!

More
12 years 11 months ago #64510 by sahmd
Hooray!!! Congratulations to your dad!!!

More
12 years 9 months ago #64511 by alternativeMD
Washington Press Conference Wednesday

Nurses, Doctors, Patients Respond to Bush Health Proposal, Unite in Call for Real Universal Health Care

Legislators Introduce Key Single-Payer Health Bill

National Press Club, Zenger Room, 529 14th St NW Washington DC

Wednesday January 24th

1PM.

Bring your white coat and stethescope, and med students. Show up for Support. Premeds: a great opportunity to network with physicians and see medicine in action on Capitol Hill.

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!