× Debates, Issues & Talk

McCain's MomVP

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #65073 by AnnaM
So what does everyone think of the possibility of a mother of 5, including a 4-month-old baby, as a possible VP? Pretty cool, I think.

I'm guessing that she is still breastfeeding baby #5, as she is a breastfeeding proponent. Looks like they may need to get more comfortable with breastfeeding moms in the executive offices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #65074 by aurora
Anna, you beat me to it!

The fifth baby born in April has Trisomy 21, and her oldest is serving in Iraq next month.

I'm excited, to say the least.

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #65075 by Emily2651
My kid is five months old ... I'm trying to wrap my head around running for VP right now ... wow. I am in AWE of her!

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea. -- Isak Dinesen

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #65076 by MTaylor
i think it is great...just the fact that she was chosen. women have made great strides!!

but, where does she stand on the issues? and if mccain dies (which is something to really consider) is she presidential? things in the world are very complicated right now...and we have alot of work to do.

honestly, i find it very difficult to be an equally great mom and physician. and there are no 'part-time' options in this role. with a 4 month old special needs child...i honestly think she should focus on him.

i don't want a woman for the sake of 'woman.' if she gets there...and is not right for the job...but we simply give her the job b/c of external appearance...

...she'll end up setting us back as women for many years to come.

Hilary, on the other hand...would have been perfect.

this chick is *no* hilary!

<a href=" www.coilyembrace.com " rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> www.coilyembrace.com </a>

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #65077 by aurora
What makes her less presidential than Obama?

Are you saying she's not Hilary because of her politics? Or because she's young, has a large family, and isn't your typical lawyer-turned-professional politician. It sounds to me that a lot of women liked Hilary because she behaved and lived like a man but happened to wear a skirt.

God forbid we have a woman with children making decisions for the rest of us...

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #65078 by MTaylor
I didn't say she was, or wasn't...it was purposly posed as a question.

I gave no reasons why 'she's not Hilary.' You gave quite a few...

<a href=" www.coilyembrace.com " rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> www.coilyembrace.com </a>

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!