× Debates, Issues & Talk

Unethical to date staff person?

More
14 years 1 week ago #66839 by Gene Queen
Okay, this is just a question, I'm not actually DOING it. Obviously it would be unethical for a staff doctor to date a resident or med student who they are responsible for teaching/evaluating, but what about a staff person in a different department? Is there anything unethical about that, if you don't interact with each other professionally other than seeing each other in the halls of the hospital?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #66840 by Drey
I don't think that would pose a problem, especially if they're not even in your department. Doctors and nurses marry all the time. Where do you think they met?

I'd say that one's a total green light, unless your hospital has some sort of official policy about inter-office dating. :yes:

Just don't date the patients. ;)

More
14 years 1 week ago #66841 by Gene Queen
Ha ha... no, patients are definitely off limits.

I'm a resident, and it just feels like a taboo thing to do for some reason (dating a staff person). Maybe b/c I'm in a small hospital, and word would get around.

More
14 years 1 week ago #66842 by Cabinbuilder
When my husband and I started dating we actually worked the same job, on the same floor just different shifts. Our shift overlapped by 1/2 hour. It was very strange and we told our boss right away and she didn't have a problem as long as the work got done and we weren't hanging on each other at work. (We spent a lot of time in the stairwell :D ) Just like on Grey's anatomy last night that Burk told his boss up front. Better to cya then get caught later.

LECOM Class 2006
Osteopathic Family Practice Resdincy 2009
Locum Tenens: Urgent Care/Rural Medicine.

More
14 years 1 week ago #66843 by PremedRN
I have never been into someone or policy trying to dictate who I date (Im married now though). I would date whoever the he!! I wanted and wouldn't care what anyone else thought about it. In my eyes, there are very few cases that are "undethical" when it comes to chosing who *I* would date.

More
14 years 1 day ago #66844 by CoolMommy
Word would definitely get around,especially if you hospital is as interested in drama as my hospital is. There was a love triangle going around for a while here between 2 nurses that work on the same unit and a phlebotomist. It was better than Y&R :laughing:

Moderators: TexasRoseMTaylorefex101
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!