× Family & Parenting

2010 Pregnancy updates

More
9 years 4 months ago #76314 by asunshine
Yay for Peanut! A milestone day!

Don't sweat the test--it's one of many and will be forgotten (sounds like you already know that :) ).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #76315 by sahmd
Hooray! It must be a big relief that she is extubated. Are they letting you hold her?

More
9 years 4 months ago #76317 by SW to MD
Yes, much to the detriment of my studying, I am now able to hold Peanut. :D Holding your newborn is one of those simple pleasures in life that is SO underrated until you can't do it!

Although I may try lecture capturing and holding her at the same time once I figure out how to manage all of the IVs/tubes/cords she has attached to her- if I can pump and study I should be able to half listen to a pharm lecture while holding her, right? ;)

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

More
9 years 4 months ago #76318 by asunshine

SW to MD wrote: if I can pump and study I should be able to half listen to a pharm lecture while holding her, right? ;)

Yes, absolutely! I did nothing but pump and study second year! I found it was easier to listen to the lectures twice on double speed (rather than once on normal speed) because the second time you pick up more of the important stuff. There are handsfree pumping bras out there, too. I pumped almost anywhere-once I put a nursing cover over me, I got pretty brave.

More
9 years 4 months ago #76357 by SW to MD
Home. That word seemed so far off for our peanut just a short time ago.

But today we got the word- if she continues to feed well, we could be taking her home tomorrow.

I am surprised at how emotional that one word has made me- I think I compartmentalized this process so much that having her home wasn't even on the radar for me. I was afraid to think about when she could come home.

Now I am so excited I have to remind myself that she might have a backslide, but the concept of having Peanut home is so heart-warming!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

More
9 years 4 months ago #76358 by kpzr/9145
I am thinking of you and your family and your new little baby! I hope she feeds, feeds, feeds and cooperates with the NICU staff so she gets to come home!

kpzr

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!