× Family & Parenting

2010 Pregnancy updates

More
8 years 11 months ago #77021 by sahmd
Big hugs to you and peanut!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #77022 by asunshine
Wow, you are one amazing mom, SW, and she is one amazing girl. Best wishes for Peanut's surgery on Wednesday!

More
8 years 11 months ago #77024 by residentmom
I am off to Google this syndrome... and wish you both luck.
Also, since we haven't heard from southern, maybe she is in labor??

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
8 years 11 months ago #77026 by southernmd
I wish! 39 weeks 1 day pregnant. Went with false labor to L&D on Friday night, but the contractions were non-productive. I am still 1 cm 60 % effaced and -1 station. Although for the life of me, I don't know if I want to feel what anything below a -1 station feels like at this point. A 0 must be miserable, because he is SO LOW.

I have my dr's appt today, so we'll see what he says.

Have I mentioned I can't believe I'm not in labor yet? My mother and my sister both delivered babies early. My mom was a week early with me, and two weeks early with my sister, and my sister was 5 days early with my niece. Sigh.

And I SO didn't want to go to class today. Oh well - guess I'm going!

More
8 years 11 months ago #77047 by kpzr/9145
Hi SW
One my favorite patients has Stickler Syndrome. He had his challenges as a young infant, went home on an oxygen saturation monitor and had feeding problems, but now he is an entirely normal 7 year old and smarter than most!

kpzr

More
8 years 11 months ago #77050 by SW to MD
Thank you for the patient example kpzr- it helps to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We have so many hopes and dreams for our children, and since her birth we have almost been afraid to think in those terms.

Surgery is scheduled for ~ 10 hours from now, will try to update when I can. Nervous, but also excited, as she is getting the metal out, which cannot be comfortable for her to have.

Thanks for the support ladies- it helps more than you will ever know! This has truly been a journey, and one that I think will ultimately make me a better physician- someday. For now, one day at a time, one day at a time...

Southern- Hoping you are in labor, or better yet, have that perfect little man in your arms!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!