× Family & Parenting

2010 Pregnancy updates

More
9 years 2 months ago #77072 by SW to MD
We are home! And my little Peanut is quite the rock star. She woke up this morning after only getting up once last night and was ready to play. She had the whole crib shaking with how much she was kicking and throwing her arms around. Big smiles too!

Now we have about six months 'off' until her palate repair- whatever will I do with myself? ;)

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #77075 by asunshine
How is she eating, SW? Sounds like she's doing so well!

More
9 years 2 months ago #77079 by sahmd
Hooray for peanut!

More
9 years 2 months ago #77096 by southernmd
My son is here - all 7lbs 6 oz of him! He was born on Friday night. We are very happy, and we love him very much. He is absolutely beautiful, a huge snuggler, and I think he is the sweetest baby I have ever known.

All would be wonderful, but for one thing - we cannot soothe him very easily. Would love any advice on getting him to sleep. My husband and I are exhausted - especially my husband, because I tore so badly/had such severe back pain I couldn't get out of bed unassisted until around noonish today when I started to be able to move easier. He did all the night changings and movings of my son to me for feedings and helping me get to the bathroom etc. I also cope easier with lack of sleep than he does - he actually has a sleep disorder, which he manages well, but he is just so tired right now. I would love to find a way that helps get my son to sleep, so I can help my husband get more sleep too.

Anyway - please pour on the suggestions! I know we have some experienced moms in the crowd...

More
9 years 2 months ago #77097 by Melbelle
Yay! Congratulations! :)

More
9 years 2 months ago #77098 by SW to MD
Congratulations!!!!

Baby swings, bouncy seats (make sure it has a vibration setting). Every child is different- some love them, others not so much. I am of the opinion that I would not have survived motherhood so well without these wonderful devices.

Swaddle them, tight. I have never used those swaddling blankets, but if you put their head at one corner of a blanket, and then wrap their arms next to their body (one arm with the first side, then all the way around with the second), making sure to tuck the sides of the blanket firmly underneath his little body. Some people like to fold the bottom part of the blanket up to keep their feet covered as well- some of my children liked that, others not as much.

Lots of times when they are swaddled, if you gently pat their behind while holding them, they will drift off.

Try different positions- upright against you, side-lying as if you are feeding him, or my husband loves to lay on the couch with the kids laying against his chest.

Music can be a good thing- we have a classical good-night tunes our older kids fall asleep to, and it seems to catch Peanut's attention too.

Lights, lights, lights. Little ones tend to focus toward light sources (like the huge Christmas tree in our living room). Peanut can be in a full-blown scream, but if I lay her down on the ottoman next to the tree, she stops mid-scream.

How is feeding going? One other area to think about that could make a difference. If you are BFing- talk to a LC (the hospital should have one or the local public health department should have a nurse able to assist). If formula feeding, talk with his ped.

Unfortunately, beyond that, I can't offer a lot of advice- good sleep just comes with time. Peanut usually sleeps through the night (11pm-ish to 7am-ish), but was up most of last night. *sigh*

Good luck, and Congratulations again!!!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!