× Family & Parenting

2010 Pregnancy updates

More
9 years 2 months ago #77112 by ohiomommd
congrats, congrats, congrats!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #77114 by asunshine

southernmd wrote: MY MILK CAME IN!

Woohoo!

(ps-if you are engorged, you have every right to pump off the extra after a feeding to get relief--it will NOT make things worse in the end. I had a postpartum nurse tell me otherwise and it wasn't until the LC had pity on me and found me a hand pump that I could finally be comfortable....aahh....)

More
9 years 2 months ago #77116 by sahmd
Congratulations!!!

More
9 years 2 months ago #77117 by mohm
I agree with the happiest baby on the block. There is a video as it's probably easier than reading the book at this point. We also used the miracle blanket and love it.

www.amazon.com/Happiest-Baby-Block-Cryin...1699248&sr=8-2-spell

If you need to pump, I would recommend pumping until you are comfortable not empty. You can get yourself in to oversupply if you pump a lot and pump until empty. I had trouble with oversupply which caused my little one to have gas, fussiness, and green stools. I just wanted to throw that out there. Although most people worry about undersupply, oversupply can be unpleasant too. Save any milk you pump. You can start freezing it.

More
9 years 2 months ago #77119 by Docmomof4
Definitely pump after feedings until you are comfortable. Especially at this stage , you will likely make more milk than baby can eat. You can freeze the 'liquid gold' for use later on! I had 500 ounces when I went back to work and it went lickety split! Good luck!

More
9 years 2 months ago #77121 by southernmd
Sending hubby to buy the pump today - we are a little behind here. I'm not sure what feelings should be in my breasts yet, but my son isn't emptying them for sure yet, although he really loves to eat every two hours (yay and nay - yay for baby - nay for momma and daddy sleeping).

Thank you again so much for all the advice! I really appreciate it. It's been wonderful too to see my husband be a daddy. These have been some magic moments together. He is a phenomenal daddy - absolutely exceptional really. And completely endearing to me. I had no idea how humbled pregnancy can make you as far as post-birth "injuries" and he just jumps on in there to help me in recovery too. It's been a good situation. I say this as I am attempting to study again (been really hard - please say a prayer for me - I'm just so tired) as he is in the kitchen making pancakes for us, and my grandma is rocking the baby. This off of probably three hours of sleep. Again.

Anyway - thank you all for the advice and well-wishes. This is already the hardest thing I've ever loved doing - I just wish studying Pulm was not quite so hard with the lack of sleep, time etc. Here's to hoping I learned enough the first four week so that the last two I can briefly review (hit the high notes) and hope for a passing grade.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!