× Family & Parenting

Raise for the Nanny?

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #72753 by sahmd

tsunami wrote: PS - She asked for a raise again this morning.

LOL!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #72759 by AnnaM
It is stressful to let someone go, but I suspect I would have been so angry by this point if this had been one of our nannies, that I would have had no problem with it. This woman is really taking advantage of you, and you have every right to be angry and just tell her she would be better off somewhere else. The one nanny I was about to fire quit on me, hoping I would beg her to come back. Boy was she surprised when i didn't (the kids told me that she told them not to worry, that I would not really let her quit).

Good luck, and I'm glad your hubby is going to pitch in.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #72816 by tsunami
So I think you will all be happy to know that Friday will be the last day for our nanny.

This evening, she ran up to her room to answer her cell phone after the kids got home from daycare. (I remind you, the kids are a daycare from 8am until 6 pm. She has all day to make her phone calls). She was in her room for 20 min and my husband knocked on her door and said, "Hey, time to get to work" as it was time to feed the kids their dinner. She turned to my husband and said, "I have an important phone call. I work hard all day long, 24 hours a day."

It is an insult to me, as I am working over 12 hours per day, often skipping lunch, working hard taking care of sick cancer patients. And the person that I hire to help care for my kids after daycare does not do this because she conveniently has to talk on the phone after the kids get home and has to watch her special tv program at 7pm, DURING the time that we needed the most help. Gosh if I could be home at that time, I wouldn't need to hire someone to help. And on top of that she has this delusion that she is working hard 24 hours per day! Listen, lady, I know what hard work is... and you haven't demonstrated any.

She is out of here! My husband is going to tell her Friday morning that we cannot afford to have her with us anymore, and we'll pay her for another 2 weeks, but she needs to pack up and leave! I don't want her around my children a single minute after she finds out that we are letting her go.

More
10 years 1 week ago #72818 by AnnaM
Good for you, tsunami!

More
10 years 1 week ago #72820 by sahmd
Great! Good luck with the transition. I hope everything goes well.

More
10 years 1 week ago #72823 by residentmom
Whoohoo!

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!