× Family & Parenting

Raise for the Nanny?

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #72827 by SW to MD
Yeah! I have been watching this thread and have to say I was horrified by what I was reading. Very scary to think of the lack of work ethic and sense of entitlement!

I totally agree with having her leave with two weeks pay and not being around the children- she sounds vindictive.

Good luck!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #72830 by tsunami
Thank you for your support.

As Day 0 approaches, and she has no clue, she again took the opportunity this morning as we loaded the kids into the car to ask me for a raise because it is very hard to take care of my kids. I told her no again.

Unfortunately, my husband was not home today, but Friday will be the day we give her the bad news because my husband will be here to enforce it and give her a ride where ever she needs to go with her belongings.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #72831 by mohm
I agree with everyone else, and I'm glad you are letting her go. I would make sure to get any keys from her that night and make sure to change any passwords she has knowledge of to make sure she has no access to anything.

I hope you have a smooth transition. Hopefully your husband will find a job very soon and you find someone who actually helps you all with the kids. It sounds like you are working extremely hard and things are stressful. Hang in there, Mom!

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #72837 by Docmomof4
Thinking of you today and hopsing things go well with your transition. You are doing the right thing-hang in there!!

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #72890 by tsunami
Thanks again, for everyone's wishes.

We ended up telling her on Thursday, and that was her last day. We paid her for an additional 2 weeks. She put up some resistance, claiming that we owed her a bonus and pay for vacation. However, we had already given her more time off than the pre-specified number of vacation days, and I never promised her a bonus. In addition, she claimed that I needed to give her 2 weeks notice, allow her to work, and pay her 1 month of pay beyond this.

Today (Saturday), she called my cell phone over 10 times and left 2 messages. 1 message was that she left sweater at the house. My husband called her back that we would mail her the sweater. The other message was that she needed a letter stating the dates that she worked for us and a list of her duties. I haven't provided this sort of letter before, and I am a little hesitant to write this letter because I am concerned that it may be used for other purposes than as reference for her future employer. I thought that usually, references were made by telephone. When she applied with us, she listed 2 previous nanny jobs on her application, and did not provide us with letters.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #72892 by tsunami
I must add, when she interviewed with us, she did provide phone numbers for her previous jobs, and her previous employers both told me she performed her job well, but they had to let her go because they did not need a nanny anymore. There did not seem to be any red flags.

Honestly, her calling me over 10 times today is freaking me out.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!