× Family & Parenting

Raise for the Nanny?

More
10 years 1 week ago #72894 by residentmom
I bet she's trying to get unemployment. And next time you or your husband call her, I would mention a restraining order if this behavior does not cease. Let her know she can contact you by mail or email or some other nonthreatening way only. This woman sounds like a head case, glad you got her out of there!

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #72895 by residentmom
Oh, and keep the calls in your phone memory, so if you DO need a restraining order, you have evidence.

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
10 years 1 week ago #72896 by AnnaM
You are under no obligation to provide her a letter. She is just looking to avoid having to put down your phone number as a reference and wants something that shows that she has been working during this time to avoid a gap in her work history. Just tell her that you will confirm her dates of employment and duties for anyone who might call for a reference and leave it at that. That being said, if anyone does call, you are only obligated to confirm her dates of employment. If you do only that and refuse to say anything else about her, the prospective employer will get the message loud and clear.

More
10 years 1 week ago #72897 by sahmd
Good riddance!!!

More
10 years 1 week ago #72902 by tsunami
This lady keeps calling me. It has been over 15 times this weekend. She was irritated that I didn't return her call yesterday. I called her back nicely this morning that we were sending her the sweater and I will write a letter stating she worked for us as a live-in nanny from x date to x date.

So my question is, is it unwritten custom to give your nanny a bonus equivelent to 1 month of salary after 1 year of work? I did not agree to this but this lady keeps calling me to tell me I am a jerk for not giving her notice and owe her more money.

Then she called back an hour later and demanded a bonus equivalent to 1 month's salary, telling me that when we met for the first time, that she told me that she requires a bonus after 1 year and I agreed by nodding. She also acused me of being a cheapskate, and how dare I fire her just to avoid paying her the 1 year bonus. You all know that is not the case at all.

More
10 years 1 week ago #72903 by residentmom
I would write a letter listing the dates AND the reasons you fired her. HA. :) No, there is no customary one month bonus. There is a customary 2 weeks severance, and you have already agreed to that. Anything that is not in writing does not exist, period. She sounds like she is seriously off her rocker. Did you change your locks? Take her off the daycare consents? Etc? I would also follow through with telling her you're going to file a police complaint if she doesn't back off.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!