× Family & Parenting

Raise for the Nanny?

More
10 years 1 week ago #72904 by sahmd
She is being abusive. Don't answer her calls. Soon enough she should get the message and get on with her life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #72905 by AnnaM
OMG, she is clearly deranged. There is no such thing as a customary one month bonus. Bonuses are given at the discretion of the employer for excellent work. Bonuses are not demanded by employees. Do not answer her calls anymore---ever. If you have never read "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin DeBecker, now might be a good time to pick up a copy.

More
10 years 1 week ago #72907 by sahmd
In "The Gift of Fear," I believe, there was a discussion of how to respond to harassment like that. A common response is to threaten to call the police/get a restraining order. The author argued that that this kind of thing can actually escalate matters, and that one should instead cease all contact. The author strongly encourages people to be alert for signs of danger. If you have not read the book yet, this would be a good time to do so.

Absolutely agree with changing the daycare consent. Make sure everyone at the daycare understands the situation and does not allow her any contact with your children whatsoever.

More
10 years 1 week ago #72908 by sahmd
I posted before I saw your post, AnnaM!

More
10 years 1 week ago #72909 by residentmom
Hmmm, I guess I need to get that book. :)

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
10 years 1 week ago #72910 by tsunami
I should probably pick up the book at the library...

You have a good point. I am afraid now.

We never put her name on the daycare consent. When my husband was working, he would pick them up afterwork. Now that he is not working, he picks them up in the afternoon.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!