× Family & Parenting

Raise for the Nanny?

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #72711 by AnnaM
20 bucks an hour PLUS room and board, PLUS she wants you to pay for her personal items (ask her if she would be expecting her boss to pay for her toothpaste and shampoo if she worked at McDonalds for minimum wage)???!!!

Give her notice, tell her it's just not working out and that she will be so much happier working for the people who will pay her 20 bucks an hour. Then get your husband up to speed watching the kids until you can find a high school or college girl to help out in the evening for 10 bucks an hour.

Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #72724 by sahmd
I vote for firing both the nanny and the husband. ;) You are working very hard. Get someone in there who will really take care of your kids and your house and will support you.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #72737 by AnnaM
:D LOL, sahmd.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #72740 by tsunami
Thanks for all you replies. Last night, I got home early, so I took care of the kids in the evening. The nanny made dinner, but didn't even cut up the food for the kids or prepare their dinner plates. She said, since I was home, she thought I would be doing it. I really started wondering... what am I paying her to do????

My husband and I are discussing how to let her go. It will be more stressful for us. But the reality is that we really need to figure out how to take care of the family by ourselves. He realizes he needs to step up to the plate.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #72743 by tsunami
PS - She asked for a raise again this morning.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #72744 by mai tai
i am glad your husband is going to help out more. i agree w other posters- she has gotta go! and you will have $800 + more per week w/o her.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!