× Family & Parenting

maternity clothes

More
8 years 8 months ago #77718 by lola1984
Hey - I'm a 4th year and 19 weeks pregnant. I have had the past 10 weeks off of rotations for interviews, studying for boards, and spending time with family, but am now going back to the hospital on Monday. I don't think any of my old dress clothes are going to fit me any more! and even if they do now, I know they won't by the time I'm done rotating in May! Anyone have any good tips for building a maternity wardrobe without spending a ton of money? Or know any good places for maternity clothes? None of the department stores around here have maternity clothes, I may have to end up driving an hour away to go shopping. :(

Thanks! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #77719 by pathgirl
Target has some pretty awesome maternity clothes- check out the clearance section, too. Maternity clothes often wind up there super cheap.

Also check out kids' consignment stores- they often have a section in the back for maternity clothes. After all, the same people who don't need their kids clothes anymore probably don't need their maternity clothes either!

Just my pet peeve, but I HATE Motherhood Maternity and Mimi Maternity. The clothes are outrageously overpriced, the return policy is next to nonexistant, and they constantly bombard you with requests for your address and email for "special offers".

More
8 years 8 months ago #77722 by southernmd
Borrow! I borrowed a ton of my clothes from other girlfriends who had kids already. Do you have any friends who can mail you a package of clothes? I had two do that for me, and they both worked professional jobs, so I was able to have nice "work" clothes for the clinical professional visits with docs we have to do MS2 and MS1 (when I was pregnant). AND that meant I got Mimi and Motherhood plus other nice brands for free!

More
8 years 8 months ago #77724 by residentmom
Old Navy online has really great maternity clothes, not too expensive, and they take the returns back at the store if you need. Also I found them consistent with my prematernity size, which is nice. :) Stock up on T-shirts you can wear with scrubs and buy a couple neutral pairs of pants you can rotate.

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
8 years 8 months ago #77758 by asunshine
Borrow, borrow, and borrow. Maternity clothes are not worth paying a lot of money for only 6 mos of wear (although don't feel too bad buying clothes, esp if you are going to have more than 1 kid).

Otherwise, Kohl's has an Oh Baby line by Motherhood Maternity that I practically lived in. If you check out their gold star clearance, you can usually get pants <$12 and tops <$8. I second checking out clothes from Target. Motherhood and Mimi are way too overpriced for the quality.

And a Bella Band! Definitely helped expand my wardrobe in early pregnancy and early postpartum!

Once you are done borrowing from every mother you know, be sure to lend yours out to the next one!

More
8 years 8 months ago #77863 by PMOM
Hello, If you don't mind shopping online, I think that you could really enjoy this website: www.asos.com . They have really cute maternity clothes. And most of their clothes run true to size.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!