× Family & Parenting

How important are med schools?

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #78105 by op007
mwahahahah~~

Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #78111 by residentmom

That's crap. He does have a choice, the choice is between a very good option and a very poor option (sort of like your situation!).

Precisely. There is ALWAYS a choice. Sometimes one of them sucks (quitting HIS dream job) but it is still a choice. Ask him if he is committed enough to put his career on hold for the next 4 years for you, and that discussion should point you in the right direction.

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
8 years 9 months ago #78118 by Doc201X

residentmom wrote: Precisely. There is ALWAYS a choice. Sometimes one of them sucks (quitting HIS dream job) but it is still a choice. Ask him if he is committed enough to put his career on hold for the next 4 years for you, and that discussion should point you in the right direction.

This may be true, but tenure track positions are extremely hard to come by in todays' ecomomy, so as I person with an interest in academia on some level, I understand completely why he's be hesitant to leave his job.

My only real "problem" with this thread is that if the roles were reversed, she'd be expected to follow HIM to the Ivy league! :mad:

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
8 years 9 months ago #78119 by sahmd

pathdr2b wrote: My only real "problem" with this thread is that if the roles were reversed, she'd be expected to follow HIM to the Ivy league! :mad:

Yup!

More
8 years 9 months ago #78124 by Docmomof4

pathdr2b wrote: IMHO, if they're not already married or at the very least engaged by then, then this topic needs to move expeditiously from Beyone's "Single Ladies- Put a ring on it" to her song Irreplaceable's chorus "To da' left, To da' left"!!!!

ROTFL!! Hysterical!! I also agree about the potential for resentment if you do choose the other school and are miserable, that was another thing that held me back. And it sounds trite, but if it is meant to be.....etc....

More
8 years 9 months ago #78132 by op007
"To da' left, To da' left"!!!!

Even my mom says this meant to be thing..
My mom is always right!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!