× Family & Parenting

Any great morning sickness remedies out there?

More
8 years 2 months ago #81394 by Sarahdoc
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has found something that worked especially well for morning sickness. I have tried ginger, club soda, the prenatal vitamins that help with nausea, lemonade, bland foods, etc. nothing seems to be working. The doctors only other option was phenergan, but I was trying to stay away from that.

I have a shelf exam tomorrow and cannot get away from the toilet for more than about 30 minutes.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #81395 by southernmd
Vit b6
Zofran - not sedating

More
8 years 2 months ago #81396 by SW to MD
Zofran.

Best thing ever!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

More
8 years 2 months ago #81400 by AnnaM
The ONLY thing that worked for me was to not let my stomach get too empty or too full. The thing about getting something into it first thing in the morning is SO true, but then you have to keep little bits going in there throughout the day. Potato chips actually seemed to stay down the best. Also, I stayed away from Coke (my drink of choice) until a nurse at the health department was talking about how her mom used to give her Coke syrup to settle her stomach when she was a kid. I found that little sips of Coke actually went down better than ginger ale or 7-up, which both made me barf.
There are those who swear by those accu-pressure bracelets called Sea-Bands.

More
8 years 2 months ago #81405 by Melbelle
Yeah, I did the snacking bit as well. I think I ate primarily toast, apples, and bananas for weeks.

I was so miserable. I didn't realize how miserable I was until about week 14, when I finally felt better. I promptly ate an entire basket of onion rings. Brilliant response. :) Next time I'm getting Zofran.

More
8 years 2 months ago #81434 by Sarahdoc
Alright, thanks everyone. I'm living on saltines and sprite right now. Poor baby has no nutrition at all.

I had to fly yesterday so I bought dramamine which is apparently class B and also have the sea bracelets on. I took them off last night and felt sick all night...so maybe they are working. I have them back on on.

Going to try to get Zofran on Tuesday because this is awful.

Thanks again :-)

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!