× Family & Parenting

Breastfeeding during pathology residency

More
6 years 5 months ago #88564 by SerenityMom
Still breastfeeding the twins and start back to internship Monday. The first month is my ap rotation and I've been excused from grossing because we haven't figured out the issue of protecting the babes from formalin exposure. I have to had this figured out by the time July 1 rolls around... Anyone know what to do? Respirator? Other? Will change clothes obviously before going near the kids.... Any input appreciated nothing easy to find on the web via pubmed re breastfeeding and formalin/formeldhyde.
Thanks in advance for two cents.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #88587 by PeggySue
I pumped during my surg path months in my hospital's lactation room. Days I was grossing I would be sure to wash my hands and wear proper PPE, but I didn't take any other precautions.

Not sure what the concern is re: formalin and breast feeding, but my baby is almost a year old now and seems to be ok ;)

More
4 years 6 months ago #95570 by deenamathew
When I gave birth to my daughter 2 years ago, I didn't know anything about breast pumping. I didn't own a breast pump, and I had no idea what to do with the bag full of plastic equipment that they gave me at the hospital, which looked like something I would have found in my premed chemistry class. I was about to go on maternity leave for 2 months, so I put pumping on the back burner, assuming it was something I would deal with later.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!