× Family & Parenting

Hidden penis

More
6 years 6 months ago #88844 by megboo
Sure, I'll let you know.

Turns out there were actually 2 issues to discuss yesterday - the fat pad and the chronic congestion/cough the boy gets after eating and drinking. He's had it since birth, but more noticeable in the last 6 months or so.

He's had several CXR's, and TEF not really suspected, but you never know. He was a grower-feeder in the NICU for a few weeks, so maybe he has an uncoordinated swallow. LOL the speech therapist in me asked for a swallow study. So, he's getting one of those too.

"Some of it's magic and some of it's tragic but I had a good life all the way."<br />- He Went to Paris by Jimmy Buffett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #88845 by LoveBug14
From a former daycare worker/babysitter perspective (not doc advice obviously) the fat pad thing is totally normal and really common in chubby baby boys. I have also noticed lots of kiddos get some mild congestion while or after eating, I figured it was kind of an allergy/URI-related thing. Let us know how everything goes.

Well wishes your way!

More
6 years 6 months ago #88850 by megboo
Yeah, this is more than mild congestion though. I was glad he was able to reproduce it for his pediatrician. Also, I'm a speech therapist and I have my own concerns as well. Not necessarily nutrition-wise, but aspiration-wise. He's obviously getting things in his airway, we just don't know how yet.

The fat pad may or may not be normal. It certainly is enough to make the pediatrician concerned, so we're going to let the urologist figure it out. I know y'all are trying to be comforting, but in this profession, we just know too much. I swear intellectualizing is the #1 coping mechanism among mommd's LOL.

"Some of it's magic and some of it's tragic but I had a good life all the way."<br />- He Went to Paris by Jimmy Buffett

More
6 years 5 months ago #89543 by megboo
So, update.

He's fine. I figured.

Everything is normal except the fat pad, which is starting to get a little smaller as he walks more and gets taller.

According to the urologist, this is fairly common among Korean boys.

I'm just glad he's structurally sound and no need for surgery. There are options later on if the fat pad persists and annoys him, but by then he'll be long out of diapers, lol.

More
6 years 4 months ago #89555 by mohm
Great news! Thanks for updating us.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!