× Family & Parenting

Leaving my toddler behind?

More
6 years 7 months ago #89444 by Docmomof4
Ugh NBP that is hard. The one time it was tough was when we went on a 4 night cruise and had no phone and spotty internet for a couple of days. Not sure what to tell you. We just called when we could. Why no phone access at all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #89451 by nbp
Desert camping, no cell phone towers... In an emergency I could get out to make a phone call, but the problem is we can't reliably be reached should an emergency arise. I suppose we could consider the expense of a satellite phone, but even then it would just be for emergencies and we would effectively be without phone contact the whole time. My brother had the idea of DH and I filming some little videos of us talking to her so that she could watch them while we are gone... :(

More
6 years 7 months ago #89473 by kpzr/9145
My husband and I are leaving for Las Vegas for 5 days next week!! Yay I can't wait! Our kids are 12 and 15 now (we are just grateful their grandparents still offer to take them at this age!!)

Even when they were little, we made the effort to go away by ourselves though. The hardest for me was our tenth anniversary. My baby was still 2. We went out of the country.

Now that I look back, I realize that us leaving our kids with their grandparents periodically DID THEM A FAVOR by helping them develop a strong relationship with their grandparents. Grandparents are important! I wish I had more opportunities to spend time with mine when I was little!

I also see now how important my relationship with my husband is. I mean, important to my kids. The BEST thing you can do for your kids is develop a strong marriage. No kidding.

Go for it. Leave that mommy guilt behind and focus on the husband!

kpzr

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!