× Family & Parenting

New mom worried about starting residency

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #141013 by Rachel
I had a baby at the beginning of my 4th year of medical school, and I've been lucky that I've been able to spend a lot of time with him this year. Whenever I had rotations that required me to leave before he woke up in the morning and come home after he went to bed, I felt extremely sad and guilty. I'll be starting residency this summer and am worried that I will go days on end without seeing my son. How have other residents who were moms coped with this? My husbands also has a very demanding job but we want to make sure our son sees at least one parent every day. I'm so excited to start residency but am also so worried that I'll feel exhausted and guilty the entire time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #141018 by Cristina Haight
I think I know what you mean...
I just move to US and I'm studying for step 1, but my husband and I really want to get pregnant this year... I'm not a little girl anymore and I can not wait too much to have kids... But at the same time I'm worried about what can I do with the baby when I'm attending an externship or the residency after.
Unfortunatelly I don't have any good advice to give you, but just wanna let you know you are not the only one facing this problem. Be strong and think it's your baby's future you are fighting for!
Good luck in the residency!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!