× Family & Parenting

Pregnancy updates!

More
13 years 11 months ago #42340 by eeh2004
Hi!

Time to revive an old thread. Just recently found out that I'm UNEXPECTEDLY pregnant with #2. It took so long the first time and I had to have help to get pregnant with my daughter, then the three MC's. I just assumed that the same would happen this time around. So, I will be having a new baby right before graduating from residency and will also be mommy to a 3-year old.

Yikes. It's a little daunting! However, we did get to see the first U/S today at 6w5d and that was a thrill, seeing that little heart thumping along. If I could just rid myself of constant nausea things would be great...I'm on B6 and thinking of adding Unisom. The symptoms are so completely different this time that I swear it must be a boy!

Anyone else out there? Updates?

Erin, PGY-3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #42341 by E
Wow, Erin! Congratulations :) . I remember reading your posts from your MSIV/intern year (that's you, right?). I can totally sympathize with the morning sickness. I think the Unisom really helped me, although I can't be totally sure, since I started taking it toward the end of the first trimester. It's definitely worth a shot, though.

I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow, and had an OB appointment today. I've been having a ton of BH ctx, and have to fly tomorrow for a work trip, so I was pretty worried. My OB did the fetal fibronectin test today, and it came back negative, so I'm definitely reassured. The baby is head down, with his or her bottom firmly wedged under my ribs on the right (ouch). All in all, I'm feeling good--and getting freaked out by how little time I have until I become a MOM(!!!). (Am I old enough for this?)

How are all the other pregnant mommd's?

More
13 years 11 months ago #42342 by doc k
Hi everybody. Congrats to the newer preggies. 38w5d today! DH is calling between every case to see if I'm in labor. (as if I wouldn't page him and demand he come home at the slightest cntxn!)Really huge and not real comfortable, sleep has been and continues to be hard. Weird GI sx- can't tell the diff between hunger/reflux/gas- I think my intestines are so squished they are confused! Glad not to be working, but running out of nesting activities and energy! Any advice for those last days?

More
13 years 11 months ago #42343 by residentmom
Just over 34 weeks and enjoying knowing she can breath air. :) Looking forward to my c/s in just over 4 weeks- so nice to have a date I can count on. Feeling good except for back pain, and one of the DOs in my office is helping me out with that. I am thinking of kidnapping him. :p I am definitely tired but on some easier rotations until delivery. I feel like I am not as big as with the other 2, which is a strange worry to have, I think. :rolleyes: Guess we have to worry about something!

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
13 years 11 months ago #42344 by eeh2004
Wow...

I can't imagine being in the third trimester. It's all a distant memory, but will be coming back to smack me in the face sooner than I think. Good luck to all who are newly preggers or nearing the end. What a journey!

More
13 years 11 months ago #42345 by tigress
Well I guess I will post in this thread :) It's great to hear from all the other pregnant women about how they're doing.

I'm not exactly sure how far I am, but somewhere like 4-5 weeks. So very early! Last night I looked down after getting undressed and thought, "what are those???!" :laughing: Yes, I think I've already grown a cup size (I was an A, so I had a lot of room to grow lol).

I have my first ultrasound on December 14, next Wednesday, to make sure everything is okay. This is with the RE. Then, assuming all is well, I will go to a regular OB. I think after that ultrasound, if I get good news, I may have to go bra shopping!

I suppose I'm surprised by how pregnant I feel so early. I'm incredibly thirsty all the time. I have been having cramping in my lower back, which is where I always got menstrual cramps, and also in the front near my uterus. I'm taking it all as it comes and assuming it is normal until I learn otherwise.

The baby should be born in early August, right when I'm supposed to start med school. As time goes on I'll figure out what to do. I may end up deferring a year if possible, since in any case that would line me up better with my husband -- as it is, he would still have a year of residency left when I graduate, so we would have to remain in one location indefinitely. I was already considering taking off a year to do research between 2nd and 3rd year, just so we would have our options open as far as location when I apply to residencies (and he to fellowships).

I suppose one hard thing is not being able to tell anybody, especially when I'm having some anxiety due to cramping or feeling strange. Also, do any of the other women who are early in their first trimester already wonder if it's a girl or a boy?

Hope everybody is doing well. Take care.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!