× Family & Parenting

Anyone else long to have a big family?

More
15 years 3 months ago #43456 by CaLiGirL:)
I must say that I've never really had an urge to have a big family. I'm totally ok with having one kid. I like her being my only focus, in terms of kids, and it seems to be working out well.

Anyhow, I have to admit, though, that seeing big families... like lots of siblings fighting, playing, loving, has always put a big warm smile on my face. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #43457 by kluMD
I just had to get in on this one! ;) . I am in my 3rd year of practice. We have 5 boys ranging in age from 2 months to 10 years. I never thought I would be the "type" to have a large family (never liked babysitting as a teenager, etc.), but it is really fun (& a lot of work/sleepless nights) having a big family - wouldn't trade it for a thing.

More
15 years 3 months ago #43458 by chylothorax
I am the oldest of five myself and would love to have a big family someday; I doubt it will happen, though, unless I become a SAHM at some point. I only have the one, and can't see how I've survived the past year just with him and dh. Besides, it would take considerable convincing with dh (and probably large quantities of alcohol or something). I loved the chaos of my house, though.

Theo just turned one yesterday, and as I was ruminating on what a pleasure this is I added up the kids' birthdays to date for my parents...109 kids' birthdays they've celebrated so far! Sheesh.

More
15 years 3 months ago #43459 by PremedRN
Speaking of birthdays, we almost have a birthday each month out of 8 of us, no one's birthday's are in the same month our free months are Sept (which is our anniversary month), Nov, March, and April. I always feel like every month, I have something coming up....and it is usually a birthday!!

More
15 years 3 months ago #43460 by juliesmom
I was also one of those people who didn't like kids..or at least didn't know how to interact with them. Some babies just wailed whenever I came near them ..sooo embarrassing! :boxedin: Now I have two children and I am having the time of my life! I absolutely love my time with them and can't wait to have more. (although I will have to until I start medical school) The past couple of months have been very difficult having a newborn and a 19 month old together with no one around to help. Yet, I was soo unbelievably happy it's just amazing. And babies are just so darn cute, why not have as many as you can handle?
What bothers me is people's attitudes when you have two babies close in age.."what's the hurry? what are you thinking? this is not good for the kids!" Whatevaaa..it's working out great so far so just leave me alone! I don't mind the diaper changing or the sleepless nights! I'm loving it :)

More
15 years 3 months ago #43461 by mommd2b
I have a big family (4 children) and love it. The trade-off for me has been medical school because I simply can't juggle that many balls (though I wish I could!!!). I'm jut not organized enough :goodvibes:

If I had my way, we'd probably have 4 more :eek: but my dh has put his foot down on the issue...."we're done".

I've also heard some unfriendly comments...ie when I was pg with #3, I was walking through Wal-Mart (what is it with that place!) and two women walked by and then one said to the other "you think she'd no how to prevent that. I wonder if she ever heard of birth control" :rolleyes: I just kept on walking......

Kris

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!