× Family & Parenting

TTC and driving myself crazy!

More
11 years 3 months ago #43787 by docE
one word of caution on some of those OPK--the ones I used had two pink lines, and in order for it to be POSITIVE, the test line had to be AS dark as the control line--just showing the second line was NOT a positive test--so make sure you're interpreting the results correctly, just FYI :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #43788 by nbp
Hi docE,

I definitely use the same thermometer and take it before getting out of bed at about the same time every morning. Of course, there is the occasional day when I wake up a couple hours early because I have to pee, or when I wake up coughing, but I just make a note of it and don't worry about it too much.

The OPK instructions do say that the line has to be AS dark or darker as control, but the first month I did those tests, I never had a darker line, so I called the fertility clinic. They told me that many people don't actually get a darker line, so I should just be looking for the day the line is darkest. I have never had it actually darker than control, but I do see a series of faint lines and then I'll reach a day with a solid line, so I've been interpreting that as my peak (though testing a few days after too to make sure it doesn't get any darker).

I'll look into B6 - as you said, it can't hurt.

More
11 years 2 months ago #43789 by nbp
Well, just finished trying for month 3. Now it's time to wait and see. I've been taking Vitamin B6 all cycle, so I'm hoping that helps with luteal phase shortening.

Thank you everyone for suggesting a vacation - DH and I just booked a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas for winter break!!! We got married 3 and a half years ago but for various reasons didn't get a real honeymoon, so I guess this is it! We're soooo excited :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #43790 by nbp
So despite taking B6, my luteal phase in cycle 3 was just 6 days. For cycle 4 it went up to 9 days, but my midwife told me to go ahead and see the fertility clinic.

I went in this morning, and it was rather overwhelming. They rushed me in and out so fast I barely knew what was happening. They were nice, but incredibly impersonal, and took so little time to explain things. They want me to have blood tests and an endometrial biopsy, which means I won't be able to try this month :( I know in the long run it's a good thing, b/c it will allow us to figure out if there are any issues and begin treating them if so (probably with progesterone supplementation, they said), but it's still aggravating to have to skip a month.

I know I should just realize that there's a lot that's out of my control, and just relax and go with it, but I hate not having control, and I find myself thinking "I'm 25, and my mom had no problems conceiving in her mid- to late-30s - this shouldn't be happening!" Just have to try to relax and keep my fingers crossed, I suppose.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!