× Family & Parenting

Here we go again...

More
11 years 4 months ago #43974 by merri
:grouphug:

eeeeeee

Ok - question... not medical advice....
I had my 36 wk appt today and am 2 cm dilated and 40% effaced... ok - my hubby leaving the states tomorrow... I can stay this way for weeks right?!?!?! My understanding is that I could be early, but I could also go to 40 wks, right?
Good news is - baby head down :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #43975 by romd
I was 1-2cm dilated and 60% effaced from 34 weeks; delivered at 37 weeks. Good luck!

More
11 years 4 months ago #43976 by Baby Einstein
First baby - I was just like you at 36, went into labor 10 days later.

Second baby - went from nothing to 5cm (but not *really* in labor, I told you about that) in 3 days.

Who knows? Good luck! I hope baby waits for Daddy :) Hope you are feeling good!

More
11 years 4 months ago #43977 by mamabear
it sounds a little "woo-woo" but try taking some quiet time for yourself and visualize your cervix staying where it's at and even saying "wait for daddy" to yourself and your baby. I used hypnosis for my first baby's birth (and will for #2) and it may have been coincidence, but when I played a self-hypnosis track for birth where the words were all about opening...my water broke within an hour and the baby came 36 hours later (drug-free and pain-free, too!).

Hope dad makes it back in time! And try not to do anything that could stimulate labor before then!!!

"To see a world in a grain of sand,<br />And a heaven in a wild flower,<br />Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,<br />And eternity in an hour." - William Blake

More
11 years 4 months ago #43978 by merri
:) - maybe I will just go float in the pool instead of doing water aerobics!

I told hubby that he needs to talk with baby to tell him/her to stay put! 1) because he won't be here and 2) if I am less than 37 weeks I can't go into the alternative birthing room...they are REALLY strict. Even if you are a day short - which I think is silly considering every nurse and doc that has tried calculating my due date gets a different date... :crossfingers:

More
11 years 4 months ago #43979 by Lisscoe
If it makes you feel any better, I had some early contractions at 28 weeks (brief hospital visit w/ terb to get them under control) and everybody thought I would go early. I know at 35 weeks, I was 1-2 cm dilated and at least partially effaced (I'd have to go look back at old notes to remember the exact dates - but I know I was giving enough 'could go anytime' signals for my OB not to want me to travel >1hr to see family at 35 weeks.)

But long story short, I walked around at 2-3 cm+, up to 80% effaced for WEEKS, and finally gave birth early on the day AFTER my due date. So it could still be a while:)

On the plus side since you're trying for natural labor - my total labor from first waking up to a contraction thinking 'is this maybe the real thing?' to birth was under 7 hours (4.5 hours after getting to the hospital) - and it might have gone faster without the epidural.

So here's hoping your baby hangs around for a bit yet, and lets you get at least to 37 weeks - and decides to come on a day when Dad's at home!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!