× Family & Parenting

good healthy frozen food?

More
12 years 1 month ago #44310 by twinmom
Do you have Trader Joe's? I live on Trader Joe's.

Amy's are good, so are some of the ethnic ones that you can only find at Whole Foods-type places.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #44311 by bpt

Originally posted by Dr.S:
hey guys , i am thinking of getting pre-packaged froazen food for my calls like lean cuisine type stuff, but have never actually tasted any, any reccomendations? susan

HI Susan-
I like Lean Cuisine for when I used to take night call. The pizza's are really quite good. I also think Amy's is good - specifically the burritos. They can be heated up in 2:30 min and all u need to do is wrap it in a napkin and nuke it. DEFINATELY good BUT definately need to put some salsa on it. I tried Amy's other stuff and wasnt impressed. I think traders joes is a good idea. Lean pockets are good too- def better than the "non -lean" ones. Kashi makes a cilantro and lime frozen entree that is pretty good.
bee

bpt

More
12 years 1 month ago #44312 by premed mom
I have had lean cuisine and I do not think it is anything to write home about, but I guess it is personal preference. I think that the best frozen meals are the ones people have already mentioned, like Amy's or any of those organic/ethnic ones. I am not an organic freak but their meals always seem to be more substantial. Lean cuisine didn't fill me up...but I guess they're not supposed to if you're buying them to lose weight. WARNING: DO NOT GET THE LEAN CUISINES WITH DESSERT! THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY TASTELESS!! NOT WORTH THE FEW CALORIES THAT THEY COST!!!

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -H. Thurman

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!