× Family & Parenting

Am I crazy?

More
12 years 1 day ago #45689 by premed mom
Wow,what a heated debate! I think it's so funny how people get onto these one-track lines of thinking and we STILL haven't learned....there is obviously no ONE BEST way to do things...if there were, don't you think that people would have figured it out by now, and that we would all be doing it the one and only "right" way?
Didn't they try that whole "all women need to stay at home" thing for the past few centuries? And there were still plenty of screw-ups in the good ol' days...
The beauty of this world is that we all thrive in different environments...Hooray for stay at home moms who love doing what they do, and hooray for working moms (although I hesitate to not refer to SAHM's as working moms, because from my experience staying home all the time was a lot more work) and hooray for everyone who falls somewhere in between (me!).

Like so many have already stated, I have met plenty of screwed up kids with SAHM's and plenty of great kids from working moms...So I know I am just echoing the majority rule here, but it's so obvious that what's good for one is not necessarily good for another...so there!

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -H. Thurman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 hour ago #45690 by rina33
Yikes! This WAS quite a heated but interesting thread. There are so many ways to do things out there, and no way is best, like premed mom said. It is disheartening to me that we all judge each other so harshly instead of respecting one another and knowing that we are all different people who make different decisions. Let's try to support one another instead of being so divided. =] Just a thought.

More
11 years 11 months ago #45691 by rianah100

Originally posted by rina33:
Yikes! This WAS quite a heated but interesting thread. There are so many ways to do things out there, and no way is best, like premed mom said. It is disheartening to me that we all judge each other so harshly instead of respecting one another and knowing that we are all different people who make different decisions. Let's try to support one another instead of being so divided. =] Just a thought.

Unless I am missing something I haven't seen any disrespect yet. I think it is healthy to have heated debates once in a while.

More
11 years 11 months ago #45692 by rina33
You're right, no major disrespect shown, and I agree it's good to have some real debates! I just think that in general women tend to go quickly toward putting each other down instead of supporting one another, and it looked like this thread might be heading in that direction... but it IS healthy to talk about these things-- and we definitely should continue the conversation if anyone else has more to add. It's a topic I'm very interested in as well, so keep it up!

More
11 years 11 months ago #45693 by rianah100
I can't stress enough the importance of working towards getting back into something you love to do after a break for the baby. I think too often, people acquire inertia after raising kids and find it difficult to get back into a career.

So, whatever you do, make sure to leave your options open. Once the kid goes to school FT, there will be too much free time and you will need some thing to keep yourself occupied.

While I am no expert in raising kids, as an older (39yrs. old) new mom, I have had the opportunity to think thr' this a lot more than if I had gotten pregnant as a younger woman.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!