× Family & Parenting

Kids say the cutest/funniest things

More
11 years 2 months ago #46731 by romd
I came out of the bathroom to see our 2-1/2 year-old son speaking earnestly to his 3-week-old sister, "Baby, when you cough, you have to cough in the arm, okay? See?" (demonstrates the coughing into the crook-of-the-elbow technique that we taught him to avoid spreading germs... the one he's always forgetting) "Do you understand, Baby? You have to listen, okay? See, cough in the arm. It's easy!" Awww, I think he will be a GOOD big brother!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #46732 by twinmom
Here are two just from yesterday, one per kid. Remember my kids are 4 1/2. :)

We're at Trader Joes getting lunch supplies for the week of day camp, so the kids can choose stuff.
Son #1: Can I have these.... crocodiles?
Me: What?
Son #1: These things.
I look, see a package of croissants.
Me: Ohhh.... [and then attempt to determine if he's actually going to eat them before purchasing]

Next, we're out to dinner, looking at a kids' menu map that had the White House, so we're talking about who lives at the White House.
Son #2: One president had an alligator at the White House.
Husband: Which president?
Son #2: Adams.
Husband and I look at each other. Husband: Which Adams, John Adams or John Quincy Adams.
Son #2 (very matter-of-factly): John Adams.
We were highly doubtful till we looked it up. He was right. Wikipedia never lies. ;)

More
10 years 11 months ago #46733 by Baby Einstein
We're having his best friend (a girl!) for his very first sleep-over. We got home late from a pumpkin patch and they were pooped. He has a trundle bed - one kid on each bed, right? 10 minutes later, I go to check on them and find them both fast asleep, snuggled together on the bottom bed. So sweet!

Next morning:
Me: "Did you go to sleep in her bed?"
3yo boy: "Yes, because she's my best friend."
Me: "Did you have a good night?"
3yo boy: "No, she took all the room in the bed."
Dad: "Get used to it, buddy." ;)

More
10 years 11 months ago #46734 by rs4
I love reading these, it makes my heart warm.

Here are some I wrote down when my son was 4 and 5.

On the way for an immunization
"I don't want to get a shot...can't we go tomorrow...I don't want to go...I want a NEW mommy"!

Mom, Jay and I buried a grasshopper. We wanted to bury it so it could go to heaven. How does it get there?

Mommy, I practiced and practiced till I'm as old as grandpa!

More
10 years 11 months ago #46735 by Baby Einstein
I want a NEW mommy, hilarious!

Mom: "Do you want to go to McDonald's?"
(first time - it was a last minute attempt at doing something special this weekend; I know, pretty lame)
5 minutes later, son: "Daddy, are you coming to the farm with us?"

Got it? Old McDonald had a farm! It took me several minutes to make the connection.

More
10 years 11 months ago #46736 by twinmom
Okay, Halloween was pretty funny for us. One son was Tiger Spider Boy (my little brother's old Spiderman shirt and a tiger mask). With our other son, we'd been asking him for weeks what he wanted to be, and he wasn't answering. Halloween morning, he announces that he's going to be..... "Guy Waiting For Noodles." Costume consists of a necktie (his little clip-on one) and a fork. During trick or treating, at every house, he announced "Hi, my name is N and I'm Guy Waiting For Noodles." If anyone tried to say "man waiting for noodles" he'd correct them.

Oh, yeah, and they decorated the house to make it look "spooky." They put up little foam stickers all over the place, you know spooky little puppies, kitties, sheep, and hearts. :rotfl:

And one last thing. The other day, I was studying in my bedroom to avoid having to go out to study after dinner. One son brings me a big pile of Dr. Seuss books to study. And after my test yesterday, he asked me if my brain was spinning around from doing my test about all the medicines. (um, yep, as a matter of fact, it was) I love my little boys. :)

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!