× Family & Parenting

Nanny/AuPair 101

More
12 years 3 months ago #47067 by AnnaM
tsunami, what is your subspecialty? I don't think it would be a problem to get hired somewhere as a "board-eligible" doc when you finish your fellowship, until your next boards date comes up.
I'm mad at your hubby for going surfing and leaving you alone on bedrest, esp. if money is tight.
And what kind of med school teaches peds without letting students examine the kids? That's just nuts. I'll have to remember to tell my students how lucky they are the next time I teach newborn exams.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #47068 by sahmd
My husband went on a skiing vacation when I was 36 weeks pregnant and on bedrest. :mad: I think they know that after delivery, it will be a long time before they have that kind of freedom again. :rolleyes: But it's no fun to be alone and on bedrest...and in your case, the finances make it that much worse. :( I hope he realizes that since he is essentially vetoing the baby nurse, he will have to be up some nights helping with the babies.

More
12 years 3 months ago #47069 by Baby Einstein
I think all MomMDs are FURIOUS at your husband right now. I can't believe it. I don't mean to be critical (well, maybe I do), but does he realize how much work two newborns will be?

I already would be mad because he refuses to get up at night to help you, but this is just too much. I'm all about letting go of small things, but this would cause a HUGE fight in my house.

Good luck to you, sweetie. We all know you'll make it. It'll be hard, but you'll get through it. Soon, you'll be thinking the exhaustion, worries, financial troubles, etc. are a small price to pay for your two little wonders.

:grouphug:

More
12 years 3 months ago #47070 by berkleyite
Tsunami- just wondering but is your husband from a culture or even family that sees women as subordinate? what gives?

More
12 years 3 months ago #47071 by tsunami
No, I don't think its his culture. He's American, going back 15 generations. He comes from a physician family, so I thought he would understand.

DH is the son of a orthopedic surgeon. When he was growing up, his father worked mostly as a trauma surgeon, so he hardly got to spend time with his father. His mom was a grade-school teacher before becoming a SAHM and always was there when he was growing up. Maybe DH's attitude is just playing up on those gender roles. Lately, his parents have been more supportive of the situation than he has been.

More
12 years 3 months ago #47072 by berkleyite
it may be more that his mom was a sahm and that's all he knows. but he knew that you were a dr before you married him, rgiht? have you tried talking to him about it? I hope that things work out.
how is the bedrest going? I am so tired that i almsot wish that i was on bedrest. however i can imagine that it would get boring after awhile. still it;s better for th ebabies. when are you due?

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!