× Family & Parenting

Practical wedding rings for docs?

More
13 years 10 months ago #47110 by soontobewed
Thanks everyone -- looks as though we can get what we like and not bother worrying about work stuff!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #47111 by roadrunner
we are totally untraditional too.
With that said, I opted for a three stone right-hand ring. It is flashy enough if you want some oohs and ahhs, but the diamonds are recessed into the setting, so wearing gloves is a breeze. Good Luck

More
13 years 10 months ago #47112 by gyngirl
I actually really investigated this issue as I had a pear-shaped diamond that I never wore b/c it ripped gloves and could scratch patients. I felt bad having never wearing my ring!

Finally, I had my ring re-set (a custom design) in a partial bezel setting that made it appear like a tension setting. I apoligize if these terms are confusing - they were to me as well. But now it is a more contemporary setting with the pear diamond at an angle and the stone is recessed.

I went to a lot of jewelery stores and did a lot of investigating online. It was harder for me b/c my stone shape was hard to work with. But at most stores they were pretty helpful in showing me what doctors or nurses liked in engagement settings.

Hope this helps!

More
13 years 10 months ago #47113 by starfish
At the moment I just volunteer but I have to wear gloves a lot so I thought heck why not. Like everyone else I pretty much agree you can wear any ring you'd like. When I saw the word untraditional I had to chime in, my husband and I are also very non-traditional. I wouldn't go so far as to get my bone taken out and turned into a ring (I thought that sounded too painful), but my husband's ring is pretty neat. It's this process called Mokume Gane it's a variety of metals in some special process that gives it a pattern like wood. It's really lovely to look at. For our anniversary we've also been looking at this place www.wood-rings.com and they use metal and wood together. It's really beautiful. Ummm another neat place to go to is The Clay Pot( www.clay-pot.com/scp_dj_landing.jsp ) it's this wonderful shop in brooklyn that represents jewelry designers, artists, product designers... If your fingers are small it's great because the designers won't charge you as much since it would take less metal to make the ring. Sorry, I hope I won't be shot for mentioning these places. i can't help it, it's the artist in me.

More
13 years 10 months ago #47114 by starfish
www.clay-pot.com
Sorry I wrote the url wrong, either the site is new or it's under construction. Either way I'm an addict to this place. It's probably one of the only places i'll miss if I ever leave New York.

More
13 years 10 months ago #47115 by bolo
how about a diamond pendant that you wear all the time instead of a ring?

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!