× Family & Parenting

Fussy baby?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #47198 by maggie52
I amsure we are all sittign at home cheering you on to keep on nursing as much as you can...asssume you;ve gone to a lactation consulatant? Because you are the perfect person to have one come to your home/ or you coudl go to the office and reevaluate the situation.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #47199 by Kate_dup1
Yep, I had the LC come out to do a visit...basically I have to train the little munchin to suck properly. Who knew that newborns need to be trained. You'd think this all comes naturally. (I'm amazed the human race has flourished so.) The only thing that is keeping me from switching to formula is a 10 hour plane ride in 2 weeks prior to her first vaccinations. I'd like to keep the antibodies going for her. I am seriously considering pumping exclusively and supplementing with formula. I am stubborn though and right now the exclusive relationship me and her have is enough to keep the nursing going, however, I have been in tears many times and I know I can't go throught that much longer.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #47200 by rydys
Why is this an either/or situation? Your main problem seems to be in the evening hours, so how about just giving one bottle then and continuing to nurse the rest of the time?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #47201 by Kate_dup1
We have resorted to that and now that we have done it for a few days I'm over it getting to me. I guess I was expecting things to go like my previous experience with my son...never a problem with milk supply.
She hates the formula though...curls up her upper lip and used to be just as upset or fussy after drinking it as before when she was hungry. She is slowly getting used to it though.
But now, I'll be happy if I can manage to give her MOSTLY breast milk. I think if things don't resolve by the time I go back to work, I'll end up pumping and maybe just nurse her a few times a day and give her formula for the times I can't quite make enough milk.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #47202 by kthoms0319
Hang in there. Even though nursing is a very emotional issue, especially because you're already sleep-deprived, you just need to do the best for your child. If that means stopping nursing so you can keep your sanity, and not be frustrated with your babe, or if it means continued nursing 'til she's three years old, only you can make the right decision.

I was always very torn when the time came to stop nursing, and felt the decision was getting forced on me because of working and a low milk supply, but ... there will be plenty of other difficult parenting decisions!

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #47203 by mommd2b
Tons of empathy from me! My littlest is now 14 months (where does the time go!) but we went through something very similar and it was really tough.

Caffeine intake turned out to be my problem...it slowly crept up on me. I gradually began drinking more and more caffeine in the form of coffe and diet cokes...

It is also not uncommon to have these times where they grow and want more to drink and have your milk supply not be 'caught up' yet...I remember feeling like a human pacifier at certain times with all 4 of my children! :D

I hope things are going better for you!

kris

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!