× Family & Parenting

spoiled kid?

More
14 years 5 days ago #47742 by Empi
Just adding this thought, age 6 is oftentimes a challenging year.

Classic. 2's 4's and 6's are handfull.

My baby is 6 :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 days ago #47743 by Sally
Thanks everyone. I know what needs to be done but sometimes it feels bettter just to have a place to vent out frustration! :banghead:

It is not politically correct to admit that I'd rather spend my day sometimes doing anything else but spending it all day with my 6 year old. Sadly, I was really looking forward to spending some extended 'quality time' with him at the beginning of summer. Now I can't wait for school to resume. I know in my heart these days will pass, and someday I will want them back. Anyway, thanks for the support.

More
13 years 11 months ago #47744 by double elle
I just have a funny story - speaking of spoiled kids. My 2.5 year old has been watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory lately. She loves the "loopa loopas". Anyway, we went to our county fair the other night and she wanted cotton candy right away. I told her she has to eat "real num-num" first, but we would for SURE get cotton candy (as I was the one who really wanted the sugar!). Anyway, she kept asking and whining. I told her she's acting just like Varuca Salt. She immediately got a little shimmer in her eye, and - without missing a beat - says...."I want cotton candy NNNNOOOOOWWWWWWWW!" and just laughted like you wouldn't believe. She stopped whining and ate something. Not really related to the original post.....but I thought it was a good story to share.

More
13 years 11 months ago #47745 by CoolMommy
And why is it that when I walk into a store at the mall with my screaming 3 year old son,everyone women stares at me like they have never seen a kid cry?

More
13 years 11 months ago #47746 by gingerdoc
Hi everyone!! Just wish to share a thing or two on spoiled kids. We have a 5 yr old. She had temper tantrums at age 2-3. you know when she would lie down on the floor of the shopping mall screaming her lungs out or refuse to get in the buggy and put her feet down to act as brakes so it won't move when you push.
What worked for us was consistency in our discipline ie if mum says no it's really a no and not a yes regardless of how much she will yell.
Spoiled kids can sometimes scare off childcare providers and the earlier we can teach them to respect other people the better.

Good luck

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!