× Family & Parenting

2008 pregnancies, check in here!

More
11 years 2 months ago #47890 by MamaMelly
Oooh, delivered my first child, a very active daughter, on 18/2/08. She's 7 months yesterday. It was a quick and normal vaginal delivery. Got the bleed on Friday morning, labour pain increased by Monday morning, 2cm at 8 am, delivered at 12.37 noon. Nobody expected me to deliver so soon, so when I asked the nurse to check because I know the baby can't wait anymore, her eyes almost popped out, because I'm fully. She pushed the bed like crazy into labour room. No time for IV, no time for epidural.

Currently doing Cardiology rotation, haven't decided on residency yet. Dreaming of having 5 children in all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #47891 by medstudent24
I am 6 weeks and in my 3rd year of medical school with my 1st pregnancy! I had been wanting to get pregnant for 4th year and was concerned about my short window of opportunity to conceive that my husband and I started 2 months earlier than planned and boom month 2 came out with a positive pregnancy test. Really excited but now the OCD in me is taking over and worrying about how I am going to take Step 2 and do interviews and away rotations in 4th year. I know it will all be worth it!!!

I do have a question for those on student loans, are you allowed to borrow more if you have to for daycare above the cost of attendance?

More
11 years 2 months ago #47892 by nonny22
Medstu24,

We paid for childcare with student loans for 2 years. They will not give it to you for that purpose though. Maybe your school is different? I would talk to your counselor. You can do it!!

More
11 years 2 months ago #47893 by twinmom
I get extra funds in my loans for child care, about half the cost of the childcare. (perhaps they believe it should cost half as much as it does?) I fill out a little form where I put my total costs, and then they increase my loan amount by what feels to be a totally random amount.

More
11 years 2 months ago #47894 by rock_see
My school gives $400/month per kid max or something like that. It ended up paying for about half the cost of childcare last year.

My school has a requirement that in order to get the budget increase you either have to be a single parent, both parents in school, or your spouse needs to to make at least 150% of the amount you are borrowing. Otherwise I guess they justify giving you nothing by saying the spouse might as well stay home with the kids since they don't make much money anyway. Doesn't really seem quite fair to me!

OB/Gyn R2 and Mom of three (10, 8, and 4)

More
11 years 2 months ago #47895 by jhmd
My baby boy was born last week...a healthy sweet baby 8 pounds 10 ounces.I am still so tired between breastfeeding and studying ;)

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!