× Family & Parenting

Cloth Diapering in Residency

More
14 years 11 months ago #48903 by Celia
Thanks for all the great advice!!! I'm surprised that several Moms are using the very traditional cloth and pin diapers. I wouldn't really consider those because of the diaper folding step. Not only do I not have a clue how to fold a diaper, but it takes extra time and I'm looking to do cloth with as minimal extra time over disposables as it can be. Besides, I'd be worried I'd stick myself and the baby with those pins with all the squirming. I'm glad to know the AIOs don't dry quickly because, again, that means extra time. Sounds like the pocket fleece systems may be best for time constraints. Here's a question though: What do you do with a stinky poopy cloth diaper when you take baby on a day outing like to the Mall? Do you just carry the poop smell around with you in the diaper bag or do you go into a public restroom and do some dunking? Or do you forget cloth when you are leaving the house and go with disposable during those times?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #48904 by mommidala
I tried cloth diapers with my first child, but gave up within a couple of weeks because of too many leaks. If anything takes too much time while you are a resident it isn't worth it! If you both are working, it may be easier to afford disposables, and the sitter may be happier not doing all the work and the washing.

Also, I slept with my two children for breastfeeding at night, and found that disposables are reliably dry in YOUR BED!

More
14 years 11 months ago #48905 by bjj
Might I just say that I am IMPRESSED with all of you ladies. I was scared to death to even try cloth diapers and don't even know anyone who has.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!