× Family & Parenting

Jogging Strollers

More
12 years 5 months ago #50171 by star
For all you running moms, are all jogging strollers alike or would you recommend a certain one? I'll be using it mostly on sidewalks and in the park. We're in New Orleans, so there aren't any hills, but tree roots and Katrina have made the paths a little bumpy. Thanks!

Star

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #50172 by Mitch
Hi Star,

I have a Chariot baby jogger that converts to a bike trailer, and love it. Mine is a double, but they come in singles too. It folds flat, so it's easy to load into our van for camping trips, etc., although it is big and unwieldy if you are going shopping in a store! But for activities, it's great.

Live, Love, Laugh

More
12 years 5 months ago #50173 by Baby Einstein
I have a cheap one (Baby Trend, I think) from Babies' R Us (around $100). I don't run but rollerblade with it on fairly even sidewalks. It is VERY bulky, couldn't fit it in the trunk of my Honda Civic.

I remember reading that if you're going to use it to run/rollerblade, especially on non-paved terrain, you should get a fixed front wheel for stability. If you're going to use it as you main stroller, for stores and such, get the swiveling wheel for easier maneuvering. If your front wheel is fixed, you'll need to slightly lift the front of the stroller to turn (no big deal, really).

More
12 years 5 months ago #50174 by Conflicted
We have a BOB - the front wheel swivels or locks. Love it because it folds up and fits in the trunk.

More
12 years 5 months ago #50175 by rock_see
I had a single Baby Trend jogger with a fixed wheel that was okay but I didn't love it. It always wanted to veer to the left - don't know if something was wrong with it or maybe I just put it together wrong. :blush:

When I wanted a double jogger, I splurged a little bit. I tried a few with fixed wheels but they were just too heavy to lift the wheel to steer with both kids in it. I decided to go with a model with a swivel wheel and I love it. I wouldn't use it for jogging but it is great for walks around the neighborhood with the girls. :)

OB/Gyn R2 and Mom of three (10, 8, and 4)

More
12 years 5 months ago #50176 by Maturin
I totally splurged, and am a BOB owner and LOVE it. It goes anywhere outside. All the wheels come off easily and it folds up quickly and I am able to take it most places. I have no trouble with either my infant or toddler riding and the only problem is deciding who is going to get to jog with mommy.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!