× Family & Parenting

Child injury and $$$ for care

More
10 years 10 months ago #51001 by Baby Einstein
my little guy needs dentures :rotfl:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #51002 by romd
Awww, poor little guy... I'm so impressed by your calm and positive attitude, BabyE! I'm sure it goes a long way in helping your son to deal with the medical issues and handle everything much better.

More
10 years 10 months ago #51003 by Baby Einstein
Dental insurance denied some of his care :( I keep receiving bills and more bills. And that's before the dentures. Sigh...

More
10 years 10 months ago #51004 by SW to MD
Doesn't insurance try to go after the other party? My little guy ran into shelving full force at a local store (typical five year old- running one way, looking the other) and knocked himself out.

Before our insurance would pay anything, I had to fill out a five page form stating it was not d/t a car accident, neglect of another party, violence by another party, etc.

Maybe worth another look with the bills coming in?

How's he handling everything? I am sure he has his Mom's positive attitude :-)

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

More
10 years 10 months ago #51005 by romd

Originally posted by Baby Einstein:
Dental insurance denied some of his care :( I keep receiving bills and more bills. And that's before the dentures. Sigh...

If all this was caused by the little girl tripping him, even if it was just an accident and not malicious behavior, I would think that the other parents should be liable for your out-of-pocket medical expenses, no? It's so unfair that not only your sweet boy is suffering, but also your wallet! :ouch: Maybe you should call those parents and see if they would step up...

More
10 years 10 months ago #51006 by residentmom
Also it seems that the daycare center probably carries liability insurance for just such things.... I would start by mentioning it nicely, but really it *was* their negligent supervision that led to this....

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!