× Family & Parenting

best carseat/stroller?

More
15 years 1 week ago #51330 by MomMD
loved the peg perego pliko system. The stroller is reasonably lightweight, folds like and umbrella, includes a back step for older kids to stand on. Also, you can buy a car seat that fits inside. Loved this. I would recommend it as I went through about 6 different strollers/car seats until I came to this one. Its a little more expensive BUT it may be the only one you'll buy and goes through till toddlerhood.

Good luck

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #51331 by scout
I just bought my first stroller. I liked Peg Peregos because of their light weight. I went with Peg Perego Venezia. It has a reversible handle and a big basket. The Pliko P3 was great, it was a couple of pounds lighter too and very compact but the basket was small and seemed inaccesible. They are all travel systems, the car seat can be purchased separately and latched on to the stroller. Good Luck!

Scout

More
14 years 11 months ago #51332 by Dental-Mom
OMG! My favorite subject! LOL!!!

I love the Britax car seats. Not cheap, but, we owned 2 since 5 years ago and they still look good & are very comfortable. They face rear and front.

The Peg Perego infant seats are crap in you live in a hot weather like me here in Florida. Otherwise they are comfortable and you can buy them "brand new" from EBAY from top sellers who are actually real stores. Regular price is about $160 got mine for $89!

Go to Baby'r'Us and see what they have. Most infant seats are very uncomfortable and I wouldn't seat my baby in those. Take the covers off and you'll see that a child seats on HARD plastic!

Have fun shopping!

Dental Mommy,

owner of 3 Britax seats, 2 peg perego strollers (Milano & Pliko) and 1 Baby Jogger! 2 peg perego high chairs! Oh, and 1 double stroller! Geeezzz!

Dental Mom<br />Determination: You don't know what you can do until you try.<br />Applying this summer<br />Dental school 2010!

More
14 years 10 months ago #51333 by AnotherJen
Hi -- this'll be quick, 'cos I should be studying hematology! :rotfl:

I loved the used Peg Perego Milano we got as a handmedown from my rich cousin. Weighed a ton, but the true Cadillac of strollers for a newborn/infant.

The BOB SUV jog stroller is the ultimate manly stroller for Dad to push around - super easy to collapse.

We love our Zooper stroller -- for $100 (including shipping) we got what is essentially the Maclaran Vogue (big wheels) with fewer bells and whistles and less than half of the cost...

Britax car seats are huge, but you'll feel that your child is truly as safe as he/she can be. We now own 2 -- the up-to-40-lbs version and the Marathon (up to 80lbs) for our 18 month old.

Baby car seat was a must, but only good for ~6months. -- you can get a stoller attachment for a baby carrier for ~$30 from Graco -- folds up small, a great thing to have.

--Jen

More
14 years 10 months ago #51334 by chylothorax
Hi-
I don't know why I jumped back in, haven't posted or visited this site for six months; anyway, just wanted to post reply to this;
My sister just rolled her car with the 22 month old strapped into the Britax Roundabout. She hit black ice, slid off the road and flipped because of a ditch, ended up upside down. She "had to wake Charlotte to get her out of the car; she was hanging, sleeping peacefully, like a bat." I am totally confounded by this story and also really glad this is the car seat I have now.
I have three strollers (one child; ack). The main one is a Combi; it has a bar that you can snap on which is compatible with most infant seats. We had a Graco infant seat and it worked fine and it is an awesome stroller, lightweight, folds up easily, got it half price on the internet somewhere.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #92656 by Karla
get a car seat with stroller, they are more safe i found mine on a site on the net got good discount on it too...
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!