× Family & Parenting

feeling the baby "drop"

More
12 years 4 months ago #51463 by CrazyMommy
Those Braxton Hicks aren't fun; at least they weren't fun for me. They were so intense sometimes, it was unbearable. They had started at 36 weeks, with my last one, with the other two I barely had any B-Hs. The dropping part, I can hardly remember how it felt, because my first one was the only one where I was able to tell if he dropped or not. The other two I never really felt.

Good luck with your delivery. Are you planning on doing it naturally, w/o any painkillers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #51464 by siflower
well, still no baby yet...I did have Braxton-Hicks contractions the other night that were regular, q 6-8min for about 5 hours--thought it was the beginning of the real thing, but they went away. I think I might have just been dehydrated.

I am planning to have an epidural, but I ideally would like to be well into the active phase before getting it. I just don't like the idea of being stuck in bed for hours and hours...of course, who knows what I'll want once the real pain hits!

More
12 years 4 months ago #51465 by mrssd
i was induced and i went for early placement of the epidural. by the time the contractions really got started (3-4 hours) i felt no pain. but the downside was that i didn't get to eat anything after it was placed (no ice either) and i couldn't get up for 10 hours so I had to pee in a urinal in front of my husband, a nurse, and my mother--not cute.

More
12 years 4 months ago #51466 by Baby Einstein
I couldn't even pee once I got my epidural, they had to put in a cath now and again. I had been drinking a lot too (thinking I was once again in false labor b/c dehydrated) so they had to drain my bladder several times. But I was not in false labor (7 cm at admission!). My contractions were never that close together though (6-7 minutes max), that's why I waited at home for a long time...

Good luck, let us know how it goes and how GORGEOUS your little one is!

More
12 years 4 months ago #51467 by siflower
Yes, mrssd, I'm definitely a little nervous about the lack of modesty (particularly urinary/bowel function) during labor and delivery. My hubby and I have always been a keep-the-bathroom-door-closed couple...in fact, I still tell him that girls only pee (yes, we're both med students, but that's beside the point :) ).

Were you induced because you were post-date?

More
12 years 4 months ago #51468 by mrssd
Yep, I was post dates and my ob said that my cervix was ripe and ready and no reason to wait the full week or two post so I was induced a couple of days past my due date. In some cases you wouldn't do that but we were very certain of my due date.
Best of luck--and don't worry you or your husband won't really remember any lax in modesty once you are holding that precious babe!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101mommd2b
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!